Author Topic: 10 month old EW  (Read 4555 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 10 month old EW
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 22:12:33 pm »
Yay! Long may it continue. Hope he is recovering from that cold too.

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 12:04:33 pm »
Ok so I am back...  We had about a week or so of nice, 11.5-12h night. Then slowly the nights went down to 11h, and now they're around 10h - some a bit more, some a bit less.

Is that normal at his age to be getting 10h nights? It doesn't sound like a lot of sleep at his age? Here's his typical routine:

Mon-Fri (daycare)

WU 5:30
Nap 9:30-10:00
Nap 1:00-3:00
BT 7:30

Sat-Sun

WU 5:30
Nap 10:00-10:45 (I wake him)
Nap 1:45-3:15
BT 7:30

Is he getting too much day sleep? It doesn't sound like too much to me ??? Or could he have become OT? He has had days of 2 x 30 min naps, or days with a longer or shorter PM nap (from 1h to 2h45) with the same result.

At daycare he naturally sleeps 20-30 minutes in the morning. He is at a home daycare and he is the only one that takes a morning nap so although he is upstairs I'm assuming it's more noisy. In the PM everyone sleeps at the same time so he takes a longer nap then. At home I wake him from his AM nap to be able to fit in a PM nap although on Sunday I tried the opposite. He slept 1h15 in the AM and 45 min in the PM.

When it started I thought it was teeth (he was getting 3 at the same time) but he's been napping well and I tried pain meds at BT and his NF and no change.

Does anything sound off in his routine?

The switch to the new time this week-end went well, he quickly adjusted but just went back to his old waking up time of 5:30.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:10:56 pm by *Elise* »
Elise

Offline becj86

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 21:03:35 pm »
http://www.thewonderweeks.com/index.php/about-the-wonder-weeks/your-babys-10-leaps/mental-leap-7
This WW can reduce sleep needs temporarily...

Routine looks pretty sound, Elise. I'm not sure where you'd shorten the day - maybe bring the 2nd A time a little shorter?

Offline ENMS

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 21:22:18 pm »
Thanks bec. I'm happy to know that the routine doesn't sound off, I guess I'll see if things get better within a week or do. :)
Elise

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:36 am »
Routine looks pretty sound, Elise.
I was thinking the same thing.  Definitely could be the WW, 10 hours is definitely on the low side -- 11 is fine, 10 is a bit short, but maybe when the WW is done it will even out.

Offline ENMS

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 13:17:19 pm »
Thanks Erin :)

He's a bit old for the WW though- can they come late? He's actually 48 weeks now.

So yesterday he slept 1h in the AM, then I had him home in the PM and let him sleep 1h40. Kept a slightly shorter A to bed of 3h30 (bc of the long AM nap his whole day was later than usual).

He woke at 5:30, I fed him and put him back (which I always do, it used to work now it usually doesn't) and he slept until 7:40 - a 12h night!

It's like we don't have regular, 11h nights. They're either 12h or 10h  ::) I feel like he's constantly catching up, yk?

I was thinking maybe daycare is more tiring for him than being at home. I can't do much about his naps there but maybe on the week-end I should let him sleep longer? Not sure how that would fit in the day though, but I could try.

WDYT?

Is this 2-1 starting? Like today getting up at 7:40 there's no way he's doing 2 naps - it'll be a one nap day and hopefully it's a long one!  ;)
Elise

Offline becj86

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 20:07:29 pm »
He's a bit old for the WW though- can they come late? He's actually 48 weeks now.
Yeah, they can come a little late or a little early. Its meant to be based on gestational age rather than birth age which gives some variation and some babies just do develop a little either side of the norm too.

Yeah, he is at that age for the start of the 2-1 :)

I can vouch for daycare being more tiring (more stimulating...) than home on weekends - DS needs the weekends to catch up for the next week.

Offline ENMS

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 20:25:40 pm »
ok good to know, thanks bec.

I may try to let him nap longer on the week-end and then see if that helps.
Elise