Author Topic: Mam nipples  (Read 1585 times)

Offline mberry

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Mam nipples
« on: October 10, 2012, 21:18:10 pm »
For anyone using mam bottles....do you know if the fast flow is available in the newborn size? I feel like my lo needs the faster flow but the nipples we have are the baby size and I think they're too big for him, he's having a hard time latching on them.  I haven't seen the fast flow in newborn anywhere and wondered if anyone else had?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Mam nipples
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 20:18:02 pm »
As far as I know all bottle types have the same size teat but different flows. I'm not familiar with Mam but looking on their web site the system seems the same as the bottle types I am familiar with.

They do a newborn teat which is the slow flow (o+ months and no1), a medium flow (2+ months, no2), fast flow (4+ months, no 3) and 6+months which is an x cut teat. The width, the length and the shape of the teats will be the same for all of them. They don't do different size teats with different flows.

Do you have something different?

Laura

Offline mberry

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 20:22:20 pm »
Yeah, I've got the slow and medium flow in newborn (it's printed on the base of  the nipple) and fast in baby (again printed on the base) which is actually a wider and longer nipple.  I've tried giving it to my lo a couple times and he has a harder time latching, though the faster flow could be giving him issues as well.  I guess I'll just wait a little while to give him more time.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 20:26:58 pm »
I've had a look around and the US sites only seem to have what is available in the UK too, I can't find anything that suggests the teats are different sizes so not sure what to suggest!

Here is a link to the a US site - is this not what you have? http://www.mambaby.com/us/the-products/baby-bottles--cups/nipples-and-accessories/index-26979-us.html

I've used Avent, Tommee Tippee and Dr browns bottles and they are all the same sizes within the brand just different speeds. I also found that the Avent dummies/pacis my DD used came in 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-18 months but when you compare them the bit they suck is exactly the same size the only bit that is different is the shaped plastic bit the teat is attached to!

Laura