Author Topic: Dream Feed question. To wake or not to wake?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline PurpleKomodo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Dream Feed question. To wake or not to wake?
« on: October 17, 2012, 21:24:27 pm »
So, my little guy is 4 weeks old and thus far does not eat in his sleep. He will lay there with the bottle on his mouth forever and not do any sucking. We have been waking him between 10-11 to do a "dream feed" and I am beginning to wonder as I read more, whether it is more important to get him the food at that time or keep him asleep. If he won't take it in his sleep, should I just skip it?

I am afraid if I skip it, he will wake up more in the night. He has been waking between 2 and 3am and then agin between 5:30 and 6:30am. The one night we didn't dream feed because he wouldn't take it, he woke up hungry by 11:30 and our whole night was off. I welcome any and all advise.

I haven't given up on getting him to dream feed, it just hasn't worked yet.

Thanks!!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Dream Feed question. To wake or not to wake?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 19:03:18 pm »
He may just be a bit young for it at the moment! I would leave it for a couple of weeks and then try again. If you have been doing it at the same time every night you could try a bit earlier or later to catch him in a different part of his sleep cycle but if you vary the time that may not be possible.

Some babies are never any good at the DF, some take to it better when they are a bit older.

HTH!

Laura