Author Topic: 6 Month Old - Same 3 NWs  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 6 Month Old - Same 3 NWs
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 01:07:04 am »
Yes, definitely doing it right, and topping up the Advil could have helped too.  I hope it happens again!

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 00:44:35 am »
I did W2S again last night and we basically had the same night - 1 NF at 12:30am and an EW at 5:10am.  I think I will tackle the EW once I am done with the NWs (though, now it is just 1 to feed, which is fine).  How many nights do you think I need to do W2S?  4?

Our naps are still short - we have been hovering around the 2.45h mark and the nap lengths vary, though both were 30mins today (I resettled both).  I took a look at the FAQ for average A times and it says 6 months is 2.25 - 2.5h, so do you think our A times could actually be too long?  I find the last bit of our A time is extremely hard.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 01:46:50 am »
How many nights do you think I need to do W2S?  4?
I think that should do it.  It's been a long time since I did W2S! 

I took a look at the FAQ for average A times and it says 6 months is 2.25 - 2.5h, so do you think our A times could actually be too long?
Could be -- are you generally on the low or high side for A times?  How is he waking from those 30 minute naps? 

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 02:09:43 am »
To be honest, I'm not really sure if he is high or low on A times (that's sad!) because I've never really been able to tackle the nap situation.  We had some great naps around 4.5 months and that didn't last very long!  I would venture to say on the high side though, but he is spirited so I may just be mistaking his cues - the more tired he gets the more hyper he gets, he doesn't really 'slow down'.  When we do wind down time it is very short because he quickly realizes how tired he is and then almost immediately starts crying.

I think maybe I will reduce a little tomorrow, maybe 2.35 just to see...can't hurt, clearly the 2.45 isn't working out for us!

The first nap he woke today he was just kind of neutral if that makes sense - he wasn't really happy, but wasn't upset either.  When he woke from the second nap it started off the same (neutral), and I almost had him resettled after about 10mins of patting, until my dog barged in the room and woke him (I was still patting his back) and then he lunged into a screaming fit that was really hard to stop (which makes me think he was OT?).

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 00:34:10 am »
That sounds more OT to me, instead of UT -- I think you're right to cut back A times. 

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 01:08:53 am »
Ya, I tried to reduce today but it ended up being about 2.40h and I was aiming for a little less, so I will try again tomorrow!

With regards to W2S, since I've been doing it (3 nights) his NW had always been 12:30 exactly - is that odd?  Because it is the same time each night it makes me worried that as soon as I stop he's going to go back to the 11:30 NW.  He also had a 2:30am NW last night (not sure what that was about?), and a 5:50am EW.

If I stop the W2S and it goes well, I assume I also have to do W2S to cure the EW?  That one will not be fun!  I really don't feel like setting my alarm for 4:30am to go and "wake" him up!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 02:21:30 am »
If you get the routine right, it might get rid of your EW (cross your fingers)!

Not sure about the 11:30/12:30 thing -- sounds like he has a very precise internal clock.  Let's see what happens and take it from there.