Author Topic: Feeding advice  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Jodileen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Have 2 beautiful boys xxx
Feeding advice
« on: October 20, 2012, 06:54:38 am »
Hey girls,

I have a 6.5 month old who is rather hungry. He has been on aptamil hunt try since 8 weeks. he is now on solids 3 times a day and receiving 32 Ozs x 3 6ozs and x1 8ozs at 7pm.

I am still giving the bottle before food but when do I start offering the food before the milk? And also I have reduced the day bottles by an ounce this week which we have had a few early mornings. Is this all correct? When should I reduce more?

My health nurse told me that I should go back to aptamil 1 at 6 months. Has anyone else done this? I'm just getting through my last tub of aptamil 2 then was going to do it. Hopefully it won't make much of a difference.

He has a super diet. Has a range of vegetables, meats, fruits, porridge etc.

Super looking forward to your replies xxxx
Love my boys very much xxx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Feeding advice
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 07:08:02 am »
You don't need to reduce his milk at this age! Up until he is 1 he will get the majority of his nutrient needs met from his milk, it's more important than solids for now. Most babies are taking around 30 ish oz of milk at 6 months - some more, some less.

What you will find is that as he gets closer to 1 and is eating bigger amounts of solids he will naturally reduce the amount of milk he wants and most babies drop a bottle around 9/10 months and then drop to 2 bottles around their first birthday.

If you have reduced milk a bit and he has been waking a bit earlier I would increase the bottles back to where they were and see if that helps. Offering milk first is exactly what you should be doing and he's taking a great amount of milk, if he is happy and settled on the milk you are using I don't think there is much point in changing, so that's up to you really, do what you feel is best.

Keep up the milk, it's what fills him!

Laura

Offline Jodileen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Have 2 beautiful boys xxx
Re: Feeding advice
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 08:07:23 am »
Ok thanks so much for the advice xx
Love my boys very much xxx