Author Topic: moving to a sippy?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline *happy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
moving to a sippy?
« on: October 20, 2012, 07:22:36 am »
Morning all!
I'm just wondering when i should try to move a bottle feed to a sippy cup?i'm seeing in loads of place sthat DD should be done/almost done with bottles by the time she's one...TBH,bottles are still a battle... ::) ::) ::)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: moving to a sippy?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:11:31 am »
Have you tried a straw cup with her? You can move to cups anytime you like, the only reason for bottles really is that they are easier to drink out of and they tend to take less in with a cup. There's no reason not to try though!

Laura

Offline *happy*

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 11:59:44 am »
a straw cup....right...that's on the shopping list!does it matter what kind of sippy they use?is there a benefit to one over the other?!v clueless sorry!!!
i have taken the valve out of the sippy we are using atm&she takes water from it, but not in any great quantity.bottles are tough going again-i've tried her on the faster flow teat again this mornign to see if it helps...she only took 5oz though....in an hour!!!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 12:26:44 pm »
I always used the non-valve sippy cups based on the fact that I couldn't get anything out of the valved ones so couldn't work out how a baby was supposed to! We always used the tommee tippee first cups with the flip spouts, we still do in fact!

Laura

Offline *happy*

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 19:17:40 pm »
i happened to have a straw cup in the press, so i was all set to try it but i stupidly sterilised it & more or less melted the cup part!!!!!oops!!!!i;ll try & get one asap though....doh!!!

ps...just a warning....i may be back with another thread on her bottles!!!driving me bananas!!!!i'm gonna see how tomorrow goes but if we have more of the same i'll be back to you!!!!