Author Topic: Dreamfeed not working  (Read 3477 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Dreamfeed not working
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 02:26:33 am »
I feed at 8pm followed by 11pm but he still wakes up at2am, 330am, 5am... Why ? any advice ?
I'd say at least the wakings at 2am and 5am are hunger - at 6 weeks, its pretty normal to be feeding every 3hr day and night, sometimes with a 4hr, occasionally 5hr stretch somewhere in the night. Feeding and falling straight back to sleep is good at night :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 04:42:40 am »
jade85 -- I would start a new post (click the new topic button when you're on the night wakings main board) and include your current EASY routine and we'll help you out!

Offline jade85

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 19:04:22 pm »
Thanks erin, i have posted a new thread in the nw mainboard. With my boy routine. Pls help admin desperate... Gor into car accident due to overtiredeness from my ds hourly wake up. I can't follow a single thing under easy as day time he doesn't nap by the time i successfully shh patt him to slp he gets hungry so my easy ended up with always e,a, e,a and so on. Only thing is he started sleeping at ard 6pm till 1-2am with feeding in between at 8pm n df at 11pm. how can i push this long slp to night time?

Offline anniel

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 07:40:04 am »
Last night my lo slept from DF at 10pm till 4:45am !!  amazing :)  I think it might be because she hardly got any sleep yesterday afternoon, we went for a walk and she was too interested looking around to sleep and only got 5 mins in the car there and back, screamed her head off when I tried to put her down for a CN on returning home but then went down like an angel at early bedtime.  I've always been told that once your lo sleeps for a long stretch it proves they can do it and you shouldn't feed them anymore if they wake before that time subsequent nights, is this right do you think? am just worried it was only because she was so super tired, I don't want to deprive her of sleep every afternoon!

Jade - hugs that your having so many NW's, wish I could help

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 09:50:34 am »
I've always been told that once your lo sleeps for a long stretch it proves they can do it and you shouldn't feed them anymore if they wake before that time subsequent nights, is this right do you think?
Not necessarily - Even as an adult, I have days when I'm hungrier than normal... babies have these A LOT with growth spurts, etc. The rule of thumb we go by is if LO is going at least as long at night between feeds as during the day, you're doing fine. Any more frequently and you probably have a problem.

Yay for the good night :)