Author Topic: Not hungry for 7am feed... reasurance needed...  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Ernest's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Not hungry for 7am feed... reasurance needed...
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:38:43 am »
Hello BW mums... I know this can be a common problem and I feel like I should know what to do - but need some reassurance please! :-\

My LO who is 12 weeks has consistently been waking at around 2.30am and then 5.45am for several weeks (pretty normal stuff I know). She has a DF at 11pm and is now (at last) taking 4oz - but she still wakes at the same time (i thought when she eventually took more at her DF she would sleep longer but no)  - at night she always wakes around 3.5 hrs after the last feed. The longest stretch she goes is after the final - pre and post bath feed (6pm and 6.45 ish) - and then goes right through until the DF at 11pm.

She is always hungry for her 2 x NFs - and I am trying to push back the 5.45am waking each morning - this morning I got her to 5.55am for example.  But she gets very upset after about 10 mins of shhing her.  The main problem is that she is not hungry at 7 or 7.30 or today even 7.50am was a struggle and I can see this becoming a problem...

So the question is - should I in fact be trying to push back the 2.30am feed so the 5.30am feed gets closer to 7am?  And at 12 weeks what is the best way?  Is she too young to do PUPD and especially as she does seem hungry for that feed.

I try very hard to have her on a  3 hr EASY - sometimes though if the sleeps are wonky it might only be 2.5 hrs.  Her A time is about 1 hr 20- 1.5.

She is EBF and her weight gain is steady.

Thanks for the advice peeps!!  Would love to know your thoughts... :)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Not hungry for 7am feed... reasurance needed...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:04:59 am »
I'd feed when she's hungry - no point pushing her to wait for a feed at this age when she's been over 3hr at night.

There are two options:
1. half a feed at 5:45 and a full feed when she wakes for the day
2. full feed at 5:45 and a topup when she wakes for the day

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 17:16:22 pm »
Or what if you pulled the df forward to around 10:15-10:30 which might change the timing of your NWs a bit? 

Offline Ernest's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 22:19:53 pm »
Will do both... thanks peeps. Will let youknow how goes ...

Offline ceebs

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 19:59:23 pm »
Any updates as to how the above changes worked for you, Ernest's mum? I'm having the same issue with DS not being hungry in the morning.