Author Topic: Ad hoc BFs?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Lazysusan

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 24, 2012, 19:19:11 pm »
Hi all.

DD2 is now 1 and I am back at work full-time. I have been doing a morning and evening BF, which is working nicely. But my work requires me to be out at night every week, usually twice a week but this week it has been three times.

Last week I managed to race home first and feed her but this week it hasn't been possible so we have had two nights in a row without a bedtime feed and I am looking at a third tonight. She has gone to bed without a problem and STTN the first night and had one NW last night.

My question is, can I feed her tomorrow night at BT or is the on-off approach confusing for her? Would I be better off just doing one feed in the am? I'm pretty sure I was down to one feed with DD1 for exactly this reason...

Thanks in advance for your advice...

Offline Fiver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
Re: Ad hoc BFs?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 21:20:28 pm »
You could probably carry on giving a feed in the evening, but I guess it's up to the child - after 3 consecutive nights she might be just as happy to drop that feed now (I know my DD wasn't too gutted when we dropped the WU BF in a similar way)
*** Amanda ***

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 22:10:34 pm »
If you wanted to though then you could offer it and see if she takes it. I know people in my family who work and sometimes miss the morning and/or bedtime feeds if LO gets up late or goes to bed early etc and they just carry on when they can. They even give extra feeds in the day on their days off. LO just seems to accept it that when mum is there they can feed and when she isn't they don't.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Love, laughter, & PJs

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Formerly kmk512
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 00:42:55 am »
LO just seems to accept it that when mum is there they can feed and when she isn't they don't.
I agree!
*Kate*

Offline Lazysusan

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 10:35:06 am »
Thank you all for your advice. I gave it a go tonight and she was straight into it! I'm pleased. I fed DD1 until she was 2 and I'd like to do the same if DD2 stays interested!

Thanks again for the input.