Author Topic: Baby not as interested in solids  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: October 25, 2012, 14:41:00 pm »
My daughter will be 7 months next week. We have been doing solids for about a month. She eats about 2-3 tbsp at breakfast and lunch. We were doing a few spoonfuls at dinner but recently stopped as she seemed to not drink enough before bed. The past few days she doesn't seem interested in solids. Not opening her mouth as wide etc. Can this be part of teething? Or a wonder week? We are in a wonder week right now and she is much more distracted as she seems to be more interested in surroundings. She is still taking breast and bottles fine.
Thanks

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Baby not as interested in solids
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 21:39:18 pm »
Hi, More tham likely a phase esp as she is taking her bottles fine. Just keep trying and having fun and it will sort itself out  :)

Offline Chicane

• Showing Appreciation 103
Re: Baby not as interested in solids
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 08:00:05 am »
Don't worry! You are still in the experimental stage of food. She is still working out what it is all about. I would keep offering her small bits of this and that regularly but try not to get hung up about it. She will eat when she is ready. My DS did not eat solids until he was 12 months. It drove me nuts but afterwards I realised that I just needed to let him take his own time to get to this new stage in his life. Now he makes up for it by eating like a teenager. As long as she is still getting her milk, her weight and general health is fine and she's giving you plenty of wet and dirty nappies you have nothing to worry about. Its totally normal.