Author Topic: Switched to Nutramigen AA and he won't eat?!  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Nb1984

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Switched to Nutramigen AA and he won't eat?!
« on: October 25, 2012, 21:38:22 pm »
Ok so after a loooong battle I finally have my DS on Nutramigen AA as no reflux medicine was doing anything to help him. He's almost 15 weeks and for the last week he was going 3.5 hours between feeds and taking about 26oz a day (including dream feed.)

I've slowly introduced the new milk with his cow and gate but yesterday went to no cow and gate at all after 3 days of 1 scoop C&G and 5 of Nutramigen.  So yesterday and today I've tried to even feed him at the 4 hour mark and he just refuses!!  He had 6oz at 6.30 this evening before bed, I just tried his dream feed which he's always had and he's refused it! He coughs and splutters the formula and won't take it at all...

Today he fed at 7.30am 3oz, 11.30 3oz, 3.45 2oz and 6.35 6oz whereas before his feeds were 3.5 hours and he was having 5/6oz a time?!

Should I be concerned?! Thank you!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Switched to Nutramigen AA and he won't eat?!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 06:57:53 am »
I would give him a couple of days to get used to it, the fact that he takes a full feed at bedtime suggests he's not objecting to the taste too much!

If it is the solution to the reflux for you then it will take some time for all the milk proteins to leave his system and any damage from the reflux to be healed enough for him to be feeling better about eating.

Keep an eye on his hydration levels, maybe offer more smaller feeds if you are worried.

Laura