Author Topic: 8 month old not eating baby food as well as she used to. need help  (Read 1158 times)

Offline emmabugsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hello my 8 month old is not eating her baby food as well as she used to. I have breast fed her all this time. Im sure teething has made her reluctant but she seems to be feeling better now and dont seem interested in baby food any more. I need her to eat more during the day so her and I can get more sleep during the night. She almost started to eat exclusively at night while she was cutting her first two teeth. She now will take the bottle during the day but no baby food not matter how yummy. Im afraid of her becaming a finicky eater.  Please help!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 21:29:31 pm by Buntybear »
Tish

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 8 month old not eating baby food as well as she used to. need help
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 21:31:51 pm »
Hi there,

There are a few things that you can do to keep eating light hearted and not put any pressure on her. What food do you give her now? May give here a variety of foods ie if you just give purees maybe try some finger foods. Does she eat with you so she can watch you? Make if fun and I am sure she will get back into it  :)

What is your routine like?

Offline emmabugsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 8 month old not eating baby food as well as she used to. need help
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 16:55:11 pm »
I work 10 hr days so I have to rely on my husband and the sitter for her morning, lunch and afternoon snack. She drinks breast milk from the bottle all day. Im trying to get my husband on board on feeding her by spoon for some of her breaskfast as he says he dont have time. Baby sitter is feeding her as she will take it. She is eating a little bit more for me at night but I did start to feed her earlier like at 5 instead of six. That seems to help. She did eat her first cherio on her own yesterday without anyone putting it in her mouth so I am encouraged by that. Of course when I was home she didnt try it. go figures!
Tish