Author Topic: Need to adjust feeding routine - 10 month old?  (Read 945 times)

Offline ENMS

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Need to adjust feeding routine - 10 month old?
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:35:16 am »
So my DS is finally eating  ;D ;D ;D

It is going well - he is currently eating chicken, turkey, asparagus, green beans and zucchini. I have added a few Nutrios for his breakfast since today. No digestive issue AT ALL  ;D ;D ;D

Lunch he will eat pieces of chicken and veg by himself + some puree (chicken / turkey with a veg, or sometimes just the veg). For dinner he will eat some pieces on his own, but refuses purees. Also seems unhappy he will make some grunting sounds. Don't think it's really discomfort though because he's fine as soon as I take him out of the high chair.

I'm wondering if the feeding routine we have right now is maybe not good, he does eat/drink a lot during that last A time. Here it goes:

NF 1:00 4 (I limit his intake for the NF to 4 oz)
E 7:00 formula 8.5 oz
E 7:30 a few nutrios
E 11:15 lunch
E 12:30 bottle 8.5 oz (sometimes a bit less if he's eaten a lot for lunch)
E 3-3:30 bottle (usually around 6 oz, sometimes more)
E 5:30 dinner
E 7:00 bottle 9 oz

He is teething right now but I don't think it's affecting his appetite at dinner since he's fine most of the day and pain meds don't make a difference. I will wean the NF, I'm just waiting for this bout of teething to be over before I do.

I was tempted to reduce / stop the 3PM bottle but not sure if it make sense to cut daytime feeds while he's taking a NF? At the same time, I feel like the issue is related to timing in the afternoon specifically. Not sure cutting the NF will really solve this problem?
Elise

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
Re: Need to adjust feeding routine - 10 month old?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:47:48 am »
Bumping for you :)
Catherine x

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Need to adjust feeding routine - 10 month old?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 13:14:54 pm »
Hi, we cut a BF out at 10 months old. You may find that with 5 bottles at that age it may increase his interest in solids!