Author Topic: 7 1/2 months dropping bottles which ones an when?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Jo1stbaby

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
7 1/2 months dropping bottles which ones an when?
« on: November 01, 2012, 16:00:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm posting on getting back on track at the moment too but didn't think it was relevant in that area.

My LO is having 3 meals a day, still not sttn so giving bottles at night but she isn't so untreated in her bottles during the day.  I'm wondering what bottles I should drop and when?

My normal easy is a bit like this although going through teething and ill was at the moment so some early wakings and night wakings too.

A - 6am
E - bottle at 7am won't take when first wakes up as not hungry or interested. Only takes about 3/4oz
E - 8am breakfast cereal/porridge and toast as finger food
 S - 8.45am (varies 1/2 - 1 1/2, she never use to take naps just wouldn't sleep but Anna in geti g back on track has been helping me with this)
E - 11am bottle 3/4 sometimes 5oz
E - 12pm lunch sandwich or finger food breadsticks, rice cakes etc
A -
S - 1.45pm 1/2 - 1hr
E - 3pm bottle 4/5oz
E - 4.30pm dinner something hot normally, roast, cottage pie etc.
Bath time 6pm
E - bottle 6.20/6.30pm 5 - 8oz can vary from day to day (use to always be 8oz before bed)
S - bed 6.45/7pm
E - dream feed 10pm 7oz although sometimes she wake before so not so much a dream feed
S
E - 3am bottle 6oz trying to push this back but sometimes will not stop crying until she has her bottle and then goes straight back off.
Wake up 6am.

She drinks more at night and evening than during the day so not sure what bottles to drop.  Want to drop night feeds but still takes full bottles yet during the day not very interested in her bottles.  I know I can drop so e bottles but just don't know which ones I should and don't want to drop daytime ones if she's going wake hungrier at night.

Any ideas would be great thanks.
 :)

Offline Jo1stbaby

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 7 1/2 months dropping bottles which ones an when?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 17:01:18 pm »
Has anyone hot any ideas?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 17:10:59 pm »
I would work on dropping the nightfeed first - reduce it by 1oz every 3 nights and then when it gets to 1 or 2oz just offer water. If you reduce that bottle she should be hungrier for her first bottle.

Once the night bottle is gone I would then gradually drop the dreamfeed.

Laura

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 04:04:12 am »
I agree with Laura about reducing the night feed by an ounce every few days - that should shift her calories to day time.

Also, I would be considering limiting the amount of solids she is getting, especially at dinner time if she isn't taking a good milk feed before bed :)  She is quite young to be having three meals a day.

What do you think?

Offline Jo1stbaby

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 09:23:02 am »
Thanks guys for the reply, that's what I did last night actually. I dropped from 6oz to 5oz so ill do it for a few days and then drop it again.

She eats about 4.30pm and doesn't have her bedtime bottle until 6.30pm she takes it sometimes but not always.  I added in the three meals a day as she was losing interest in her bottles and always seemed hungry even though she doesn't want her milk.  She doesn't always eat a lot of an evening depends on how tired she is.

Ill give it a go, she's definitely got her night and day mixed up when it comes to drinking her milk.

:)

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 20:04:53 pm »
I wouldn't say that she has her day and night mixed up for milk... the solids are making her too full to take the milk feeds but she does need that nutrition, so she wakes at night for it... it's quite common for a baby to get all excited for solids and then wake at night for the milk that they do really need :)

I would still reduce solids to twice a day until you get her milk feeds sorted out ;)