Author Topic: Sippy cup and how much water  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: November 03, 2012, 16:58:49 pm »
My daughter is really interested in drinking water when I drink it in front of her. I have been trying a born free training sippy but she just chews on the nipple part of it. She is bottle and breast fed. I think I need to try another sippy cup but she will drink sips from a cup.

Two questions.

1) is there a sippy cup that most people find works best

2) when do I offer the water during our routine and how much water? I feel like she would drink a jug full if I let her. I just don't want to mess up her feeding routine. Right now she has solids an hour after her morning bottle and an hour after her lunch time bottle. She is 7 months old.

Thanks!

Offline cuckoochick

• Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
Re: Sippy cup and how much water
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 19:48:28 pm »
Hi there!

1) we used this as our first sippy cup and were really happy with it.
http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/first_cup_4_months/
We also used a doidy cup regularly but that was more under supervision as it's totally open.

2) as for how much water- at that age we did water with solids and if the weather was hot (not sure where in the world you are) or if DD seemed thirsty. My DD has never been a big water drinker so I've not had to worry that it would fill her or anything.

Hope some of that helps!

*Nicola*

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 07:27:22 am »
We used the exact cup that Nicola suggested, and offered water with solids and at other times if necessary. I do remember DS taking a longtime to drink properly from the cup though - however he was formula fed so in the early days was having water from a bottle as well as the formula.
Catherine x

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 18:26:01 pm »
My Ped told me at 4.5 months to give my LO water. I waited till now and he is 5.5months he grabed the glass I ws drinking form and tried to put it in his mouth so I gave him litle sips of water and he liked it. But I tired again yesterday and he just let it fall out of his mouth. What's the best way to get him to take it. They don't offer the first cup in the US?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**