Author Topic: anyone (UK) tried a2 milk? (free from A1 proteins)  (Read 5417 times)

Offline firsttimemummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
anyone (UK) tried a2 milk? (free from A1 proteins)
« on: November 06, 2012, 17:02:50 pm »
Just came across this but not tried it yet ... wonder if it is any use? http://www.a2milk.co.uk/
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
Re: anyone (UK) tried a2 milk? (free from A1 proteins)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 17:07:13 pm »
Following too. Had a voucher through from tesco for this.
Catherine x

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 13:44:58 pm »
I was just about to post a similar question! Some marketing campaign A2 have! I'm all ears and wondering about trialling with my 3yr old who is mpsi.... :-)
My boy is 4!

Offline Hedgehog17

• Showing Appreciation 71
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 14:59:11 pm »
Interesting...

I shall ask DH if he's willing to be a guinea pig  :)

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 20:44:00 pm »
People should only try this milk if they have a milk intolerance and not an allergy. It does state this on the frequently asked questions but not everybody will look at those of course.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline firsttimemummy

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 18:58:58 pm »
People should only try this milk if they have a milk intolerance and not an allergy. It does state this on the frequently asked questions but not everybody will look at those of course.
yes, very true - their website does say this but sure a lot of their advertising wont (or people will forget).  Am going to try it myself when I can buy some (nowhere that near sells it yet) and let you know - cold cows milk is the only dairy I can't tolerate ....
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 09:02:19 am »
I'm trying with my 3yr old who
has m a s pi....will let you know how we get on. 1 teaspoon in his porridge today. Will leave a day and do the same.... 
My boy is 4!

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Showing Appreciation 100
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 01:00:56 am »
Just thought I'd let u know ( even tho I am in Australia) that ds2 can drink a2, has 2 cups a day plus milk on cereal. Even 1 oz of regular milk still gets a reaction within 24 hrs. He was
 Mspi and on neocate, went on a2 at 18 mths. good luck x

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 14:46:37 pm »
So far so good here with my son - I still cant believe it!!Off to buy some more and continue the trial.
My boy is 4!

Offline firsttimemummy

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 12:39:58 pm »
wow that sounds promising - hope I can buy some soon!

Offline C&B&E

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 12:49:52 pm »
ooh, I'm interested in this too!!  My DD is MSPI - is it definitely safe for her - I can't quite tell if I should be confident in giving it her or not  :-\?!!
Claire x

Offline Hedgehog17

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 15:30:11 pm »
I still haven't found any yet, but we're off to the big Tesco on Saturday so will look then  :)

DH has agreed to be guinea pig for this - if he is ok on it then I'll try some on DS  ;D

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 19:13:41 pm »
Morrisons stock it in Cumbria and being the 'frozen north' or the equiv of the outback, it should be available elsewhere. I'm only trialling it with my son because his symptoms aren't too drastic. I only know that he is mspi and don't know anymore detail as to which protein he can't tolerate etc.
My boy is 4!

Offline firsttimemummy

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 21:27:24 pm »
http://www.a2milk.co.uk/a2-store-finder tells you the closest place to you that sells it :)

Offline Hedgehog17

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 14:41:44 pm »
Got some at Tesco yesterday  :D

DH drank a glass of it, spent the next few hours complaining (of course it'll taste funny and make your tummy feel odd, you've not had any for 2 years DH  ::)) but apart from that has been ok. This morning he said his poop was a bit softer than usual, but he's had no expolosions  ;D

Gave DS 4oz of the stuff with breakfast, so far so good. If he's going to explode it'll be this evening...

Keeping everything crossed that we can now use this stuff for cooking and that DS will be ok on it  :)

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 19:50:51 pm »
Hey Hedgehog - hi!
you might want to start with a tiny amount to start with and then build gradually - as too much at once might give you a false reaction i.e. bad response.  I was advised by our dietician when doing a challenge to start with a 'teaspoon' every other day for a week and assess the result - if okay progress to a teaspoon every day for a week, gradually building up. 
Obviously, keep us posted as we are all ears and hope your LO tolerates things well.  My LO has recently gone a bit 'runny' in the bottom department but he also had his final set of molars coming through and his poop smelt acidic like it did when he teeth'd when younger, so I'm a bit confused at the moment but carrying on regardless.  :-)
My boy is 4!

Offline Hedgehog17

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 21:50:25 pm »
Hi Lisa,

Sounds a lot like teething to me - my DS was exactly the same, but fortunately he managed to cut all his teeth before his 2nd birthday, so that makes it easier to tell when he's having a food reaction  ;)

I deliberately went for a reasonable dose of the new milk as DS isn't as reactive as DH - basically because DH's gut has had 39 years of major damage and DS's only had 5 months of relatively minor damage from milk proteins (I BF and avoided dairy after 4.5mo).

DS can tolerate 1 small goat's yoghurt per day (at breakfast) but recently has not tolerated goat's cheese in addition - I now know exactly what his poop goes like when he's having a reaction  :-X

Still so far so good - no more poop today and he's been his usual self, no eczema flare-ups either  :D I will have to see how he is in the morning to be sure, but of he's still ok I'll get another 4oz into him and see if we get any cumulative reaction later in the week, continuing with a small morning quantity of a2 milk  :)

Hope you get some good results too  :-*

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 21:15:59 pm »
Wow, great going with the milk then - it tastes so good and creamy.  I really hope my DS tolerates it as it could transform our eating.
My boy is 4!

Offline Hedgehog17

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 19:43:16 pm »
An update from us  :)

After 2 weeks of A2 milk, DS is FINE  :D :D :D :D :D He's now having 5oz with breakfast every morning and I even made some angel delight with it and he ate that too!!

His eczema is pretty good, apart from adjusting to the weather, and his rear end is functioning normally - mainly solid with the occasional pastey one  :-X

I'm going to introduce more milk into foods now and cut down on what he's drinking, as he's still getting 5oz after his nap as well as 6oz at BT and I'd like to drop the post-nap cup of milk.

Eventually I'll replace the BT formula with A2 milk once he's tolerating more in his diet  :)

Now I'm really hoping somebody will start making A2 yoghurt, cheese and cream  ;D

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 20:35:32 pm »
Yes, we are doing okay here too.  I think it will take a while for the associated foods to follow as in teh UK we seem a bit slow on the uptake for this kind of diet!
My boy is 4!

Offline firsttimemummy

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 21:05:11 pm »
Now I'm really hoping somebody will start making A2 yoghurt, cheese and cream 
I think they are planning it in the future (I asked on their facebook page ;) ).
All sounding positive - really need to buy some asap ....