Author Topic: anyone (UK) tried a2 milk? (free from A1 proteins)  (Read 5413 times)

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: anyone (UK) tried a2 milk? (free from A1 proteins)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 19:50:51 pm »
Hey Hedgehog - hi!
you might want to start with a tiny amount to start with and then build gradually - as too much at once might give you a false reaction i.e. bad response.  I was advised by our dietician when doing a challenge to start with a 'teaspoon' every other day for a week and assess the result - if okay progress to a teaspoon every day for a week, gradually building up. 
Obviously, keep us posted as we are all ears and hope your LO tolerates things well.  My LO has recently gone a bit 'runny' in the bottom department but he also had his final set of molars coming through and his poop smelt acidic like it did when he teeth'd when younger, so I'm a bit confused at the moment but carrying on regardless.  :-)
My boy is 4!

Offline Hedgehog17

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 71
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 21:50:25 pm »
Hi Lisa,

Sounds a lot like teething to me - my DS was exactly the same, but fortunately he managed to cut all his teeth before his 2nd birthday, so that makes it easier to tell when he's having a food reaction  ;)

I deliberately went for a reasonable dose of the new milk as DS isn't as reactive as DH - basically because DH's gut has had 39 years of major damage and DS's only had 5 months of relatively minor damage from milk proteins (I BF and avoided dairy after 4.5mo).

DS can tolerate 1 small goat's yoghurt per day (at breakfast) but recently has not tolerated goat's cheese in addition - I now know exactly what his poop goes like when he's having a reaction  :-X

Still so far so good - no more poop today and he's been his usual self, no eczema flare-ups either  :D I will have to see how he is in the morning to be sure, but of he's still ok I'll get another 4oz into him and see if we get any cumulative reaction later in the week, continuing with a small morning quantity of a2 milk  :)

Hope you get some good results too  :-*

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 21:15:59 pm »
Wow, great going with the milk then - it tastes so good and creamy.  I really hope my DS tolerates it as it could transform our eating.
My boy is 4!

Offline Hedgehog17

• Showing Appreciation 71
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 19:43:16 pm »
An update from us  :)

After 2 weeks of A2 milk, DS is FINE  :D :D :D :D :D He's now having 5oz with breakfast every morning and I even made some angel delight with it and he ate that too!!

His eczema is pretty good, apart from adjusting to the weather, and his rear end is functioning normally - mainly solid with the occasional pastey one  :-X

I'm going to introduce more milk into foods now and cut down on what he's drinking, as he's still getting 5oz after his nap as well as 6oz at BT and I'd like to drop the post-nap cup of milk.

Eventually I'll replace the BT formula with A2 milk once he's tolerating more in his diet  :)

Now I'm really hoping somebody will start making A2 yoghurt, cheese and cream  ;D

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 20:35:32 pm »
Yes, we are doing okay here too.  I think it will take a while for the associated foods to follow as in teh UK we seem a bit slow on the uptake for this kind of diet!
My boy is 4!

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 21:05:11 pm »
Now I'm really hoping somebody will start making A2 yoghurt, cheese and cream 
I think they are planning it in the future (I asked on their facebook page ;) ).
All sounding positive - really need to buy some asap ....
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!