Author Topic: Any body else with a 7 month old that wakes at 430 am?  (Read 8210 times)

Offline cdore

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Any body else with a 7 month old that wakes at 430 am?
« on: November 07, 2012, 14:48:19 pm »
Hi all,

I'm at a lost at what to do with my daughter and her early wakings.  The time change didn't help but now we're back in the routine she keeps waking up earlier and earlier (and yes bedtime is always about the same time).  BAH!  Any ideas would be appreciated, here is our routine:

Babes awake at 440, we put the paci in, shsh pat for a bit and then hope she goes back to sleep... she doesn't. 
get her out of bed at 6

E - 6am  breast milk
A - play with toys
E - 7am solid food
A - 730-815
S - 830- 1000 - put the fan on, read a story and change her diaper.  She goes to sleep without a fuss and always pretty much naps 1 1/2 hrs
E- breast milk at 10
A- walk, play, songs etc
E- 1130 solid food
A- 12 until 115 (i know she has long awake times but she doesn't sleep if i put her to bed earlier)
S - 120-3ish
E - 3 breastmilk
A - 310-5
E- 5 solid foods
A- play with papa, stories ,bath
E- feed at 645
S - in bed by 7pm
she feeds at 1030 at night and btw 2am-4am.  The 4 am feed might mean that she is ready to start her day. 

i would love for her to sleep until 6am (at this point, even 530 would be good). 

Any advice, things I should tweak with my routine?

Thanks in advance

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: Any body else with a 7 month old that wakes at 430 am?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 15:48:54 pm »
We are going through this too. Nights keep getting shorter and shorter. Started 3 weeks ago. My daughter used to have 11-12 hr nights. She is waking between 5-530. It got better when we increased her A time but that didn't last long. So here we are on our 2nd week of 5ish wake ups. Im so lost at what to do. I feel bad pushing more A but I know the short night of sleep is effecting her. Hugs! You aren't alone.

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 16:55:34 pm »
I am also in the same situation! I have already upped his A to 3h15 but he is so fussy and has a really hard time staying up for so long! When I give in and put him down earlier he short naps and gives me early wakings. It is extremely difficult to up the A so much... I always feel like I am pushing it too far!
I guess this is a difficult time...

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 18:18:15 pm »
Thanks ladies!  it's good to know that I'm not the only one with a LO that likes to party EARLY in the morning.  This has been going on for over a month.  Have you thought that maybe it's diet related?  That's what i'm trying next.  I'm going to stop eating chocolate and see if that helps her sleep longer. 

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:26:07 am »
Hugs ladies.

Wee wet through a nasty NW phase around this age. Typically you get it because that am nap is too early in the day. I would work on gradually pushing that nap out closer to 9am and hopefully the EW will get more reasonable as you move her day. Maybe try 8.45 for a few days and see if she copes ok?

Your doing everything right In keeping her in her room in the dark to encourage her to sleep later :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:55:00 am »
Thanks Sara.  i will give that a go.  Today she woke up at 430.  I nursed her at 550 and she went back to sleep.  I didn't feed her at 430 b/c I feed her at 230.  I know she isn't hungry.  I'm going to wake her at 7 and put her down for a nap at 10.  hopefully tomorrow I can write that she slept until 6 (or 5 or 530). BAH! 

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 21:37:36 pm »
Hugs, it does take time, I won't say how long we had EW for ;) but it does I,prove. Def work on pushing the first nap to 9 am. I found anything earlie in a lot of people's cases just reinforce the EW. :-* let me know how you all get on x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 23:56:55 pm »
I'm having the same issue. My LO is 6 months. He began waking at 5am due to needing an A time extension but we did that and is doing 3hrs A time but now  I have to apop all his naps because he can't sleep through his jolts. ARGH.. And he's still waking up at 5am.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Jaxsta81

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 05:36:28 am »
Can I join the club too!!! My son has been waking at 4.30/5am for several weeks now and I am tiiiiirrreeeed!

I'm beginning to think the trick is putting him down for naps later. H already does 3hr A time but maybe he can do 3hr 15mins. I'm going to try that today. First nap is usually a 8am and I'm going to try for 8.15am for a few days and push back the pm nap too as I'm also putting him down for BT so early which just perpetuates the EWs.

I'd kill for a 6am start to my day!!

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 11:28:22 am »
Another 420 wake up (10 mins earlier everyday).  BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  I'm going to keep pushing the naps. My husband wants to push her bed time.  But she is tired at 7 (I mean she has been up since 430). Do you think later bedtime would be something I should look at? I just feel like crying.  All i want is to sleep more than 5 hrs a night or at least 5 hrs in a row.  BAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 12:39:05 pm »
I'm sitting here at 530 crying. She has been up at 1130 3 4 445!! I just don't understand how literally we went from an amazing sleeper for over 4 months to this?!? I don't want to go anywhere because I just keep wanting to tackle this routine. We are up to 3.5 hrs of A!! She is managing quite well but it seems like so much for a 7 month old!!

Hugs!

Offline Jaxsta81

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 13:35:36 pm »
Hugs Charjanemom!! I feel your pain - many a time I've been in tears when the rest of the world seems to be sleeping soundly and felt very sorry for myself!!

When she wakes early morning is she crying or babbling or what? I'm just wondering if it's discomfort of some sort? Is she cold? Are you in the UK cos I know the temperature has dropped drastically recently.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 14:49:31 pm »
Normally it's babbling last night was not typical. I gave her a bottle and meds at 445 slept till 7 but now doesn't want much of her morning bottle. She only had a 35 min sleep all afternoon so she was Ot last night. The ew are usually happy hence upping her A thinking she is ut

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 15:51:20 pm »
well, it's good to know that I'm not alone!  Hugs to everyone going through the same thing.  Daughter always wakes up happy but at 420 in the morning she gets mad that we don't get her out of bed.  Pushed the nap to 9 am which was good. Now to see what happens this afternoon and more importantly tomorrow morning

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 16:24:30 pm »
Ya I'm happy knowing I'm not alone too. Maybe this is all developmental. Seems there are quite a few of us with babes the same age.
My daughter is so close to crawling its amazing in 3 days the change. I'm hoping once she masters it we might have regular nights.