Author Topic: Any body else with a 7 month old that wakes at 430 am?  (Read 8212 times)

Offline cdore

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Any body else with a 7 month old that wakes at 430 am?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »
I haven't tried wake to sleep but i think that's my next option.  Do I have to do it an hr earlier or 20 min before?  Although, it wouldn't have worked this morning, my daughter decided to wake up at 345 instead.  #$%%#@@!

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 14:53:54 pm »
I did it an hour before. 

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 17:27:28 pm »
Do I have to do it an hr earlier or 20 min before? 
1 hr for night sleep.
You cant do it if she is awake say 2hrs before for a feed...but if you have a good chunk of sleep before the EW then I would go for it ;) Remember to barely stir not wake. you just want to pull them from deep into light sleep. brushing their cheek often works x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 01:16:45 am »
Bah!  Wake to sleep won't work as she feeds at 2 am and then wakes at 430ish.  Many mornings now I just cry when I see the time.  She slept better at my parents house (we were away for a funeral) waking at 6am.  The only difference is that her cousin would wake at 5 am crying... maybe I need a crying baby to keep her asleep ... wait that won't work :P

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 02:01:49 am »
cant you try it at 3.30?
What is her age and routine now? x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 02:06:42 am »
Cdore I'm going through the same thing. Past 3 days my 6 month old woke at 5:20 4AM!!!!! and 5:06... I'm dying from exhuastion. You are not alone.. I used w2s for his 45 minute naps and it has worked. You could still try it if you want maybe do 3:45? Worth a shot, if you end up waking her up then it's still early enough that you should be able to get her back to sleep.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 20:41:53 pm »
We discovered that we can get her to sleep a bit longer if we push the feeds at night.  we do dream feed at 11 and other feed i try to push at 330... that doesn't always work.  She is driving me insane right now.  There is never a set schedule b/c she is always changing it:

Today:

wake 500
E 6
A 630
E solids
A until 915
S until 1115 - longer than usual but she is feeling sick
E - 1115 breast milk and then solids
A - until 230
E - she is in her crib having a party.  She doesn't cry, she just plays and plays and plays.  It's currently 340 and she is still partying.  I don't have patience right now to go in so I'm ignoring her
She'll eat at 4ish and then 5 some solids
-in bed by 7 pm... the only time she can fall asleep on her own

I've been doing the EASY method since birth and I have to admit that it doesn't seem to work.  My friend who has a 5 month old, followed his schedule and he now takes 2 naps and sleeps through the night. he's been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old.  I can't handle it.  I'm going INSANE. I don't know how to read my daughter's cues b/c I was always worried about the routine.  BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline badpixie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • little man
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 21:13:57 pm »
we had this problem at about  months, the WU got earlier and earlier. I'm wondering if her EASY need a complete tinker? I think she might need to drop the 3rd nap, which is gonna lead to odd day lengths   
The first a time seems long if she's getting up at 5 or earlier? If she's doing 3hr 15 A then maybe try and have 3 hr 30 for the first A. I foud the EW wakes started when the first and the last A times needed a tinker. She also seems to be fighting that last nap, so maybe she could handle a shorter nap and an earlier bed time, just till you can push her WU later. I found if we had too many long days in a row my lo would start getting OT and the naps and nightsleep would go wonky.

WU        5am
nap        8.30
wu         10
2nd nap 1:30
bed         5

She will have dropped the nap so hopefully will be tired enough to sleep a bit longer so then you can push for a longer day and a later getting up time. If you manage to get her to go back to sleep use this as an opportunity to get a later bed time. We had to do this several times, when he had a good night and was well rested I would push for longer day with a catnap to try and reset his body clock, but if it didn't work and he woke early I would do the above EASY . I remember having to put him to bed at 4.30 once!
I learnt tho, that now if he starts waking earlier and earlier I need to extend the A times, particularly the first and last . But you have to be careful and keep an eye out for OT because that can lead to EW too!
I hope this makes sense! I 'm trying to remember exactly what worked for us!
Thing with the EASY is it needs to be constantly monitored and tinkered with, it'll work great for a period but then some devopmental leap will happen and the ew, NW or shortened naps will start up and this is your signal to think about lengthening A times or shortening naps (with the 3 to2 and 2 to1) or both. But it has to be gradual over a couple of days or OT will confuse the issue more. Stick with it! we had a terribe time with sleep (or lack of) and the only thing that helped was BW and EASY. He's still not the best sleeper but the neither am I, so its inherited :) Some mums get good sleepers, but for those that don't, EASY is a godsend!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 21:23:50 pm by badpixie »
Hayley, mum to Freddie

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 22:22:12 pm »
Hi badpixie,

thanks for getting back to me but my daughter is already on 2 naps a day.  Often she fights her afternoon one so she doesn't sleep in the afternoon.  8 months is too early for only one nap a day, right?! BAH

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 22:39:03 pm »
I don't know how to read my daughter's cues b/c I was always worried about the routine. 
This bit is the key - following the routine (EAS order) should help you learn her cues. The A times are a guide - watch the clock to know when to watch for cues or you go mad watching for sleep cues for 3-3.5hr, yk?

Anything going on developmentally at the moment? That playing sounds like she's UT when you put her down and possibly becoming OT from not going to sleep. Sleep needs can drop really drastically when there's a physical/mental leap being achieved.

Offline cdore

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 13:05:08 pm »
Hi becj86,

Daughter is has been crawling for a while, can stand by herself and started walking using a walker toy...I don't think she's going to start walking soon so I dont think it's something physical.  If you follow the Wonder Weeks, she's going through a mental leap at the moment and will be for the next 2 weeks.  I don't know if i can do it.  She was up at 4 this morning and she screamed most of last night. She just wanted to be held.  Does that mean she's going through separation anxiety?

Offline badpixie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • little man
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 20:14:56 pm »
Oops sorry I misread your EASY! Yes 8 months is too early to be thinking about 2 to1!

It does sound like she's getting OT to me though, fighting naps and night time screaming are signs, and so is EW. If she's going through a leap that can add to the OT because she needs more sleep if anything. I would really try and get some early bedtimes in to help her catch up on her sleep and then try and push bedtime out a bit at a time until its at a reasonable hour. You don't want to be having days much longer than 13/14hours especially if she's skipping the second nap.
Hayley, mum to Freddie

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 23:01:48 pm »
She was up at 4 this morning and she screamed most of last night. She just wanted to be held.  Does that mean she's going through separation anxiety?
Are you sure there's no teeth/pain going on? Recently added foods? It could be SA but that's generally an issue with falling asleep and re-settling rather than screaming all night, yk? It could also be OT - does she seem like she wants to sleep but can't?

Agree you need to do an early bedtime if she refuses that PM nap though - can you APOP a nap each day just to ensure she's getting rested enough?