Author Topic: I dread getting in the car with DD.  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Nauvoo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
I dread getting in the car with DD.
« on: November 08, 2012, 05:03:24 am »
DD1 was so awful in the car until she was about 16 or 17 months old.  I was so afraid DD2 would be the same but she was awesome for so long.  Now, it's awful getting in the car with her.  I dread having to go anywhere but at the same time don't want to stay home all day.  It's instantly when I put her in the car the screaming and shouting starts.  She fusses and cries the whole trip.  We just returned from a trip to my parents house and it went like this:  cry and fuss and shout for 3hrs!!!!!!!, slept 2 hrs and was as happy as could be (30min) until about 5 min from home.  Worst car trip ever.  It grates on me to listen to it, makes me uptight and even worse DD1 starts crying with her so I've got 2 kids that are unhappy and I find it impossible to focus on driving.  It's a miracle that I haven't had an accident but I have had 2 tickets recently from my trying to hurry and get where we are going. :-\
And I'm positive that she's not uncomfortable, we've been using the same seat for ages, even when she didn't mind the car.
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
Re: I dread getting in the car with DD.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:03:48 am »
I found DS is much happier in the car with his music playing (Wiggles nursery rhymes but guessing anything she likes to listen to would work)... climbs in and asks for his favourite song now instead of screaming, refusing to get into the car, then the carseat, planking so I can't strap him in then screaming the duration of the journey.

Offline Nauvoo

• Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:05:02 am »
The Beatles made for a silent 30min drive and back to the zoo today :o :o :o :o  Can't believe it!!!!
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 04:20:15 am »
Yay for the Beatles!!!

Offline B J

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 20:57:49 pm »
My DS2 is the same.  Sometimes we can't even make it to the store 5 min away without him screaming and crying.  And it's gotten worse as he's gotten older?  Depending on his mood he will physically fight getting into the car seat.  He arches his back and stiffens up so that he can't get him to sit down or get the straps on him.  I dread going out now too.  We've avoided doing weekends away because I'm too scared to spend 2 hours in the car with him.  It's made me feel so trapped.  Please tell me it will get better!