Author Topic: 7 Month old Multiple night wakings!! Help!!  (Read 914 times)

Offline mananieto

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 Month old Multiple night wakings!! Help!!
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:40:42 am »
Hi!! I come from the getting back on track forum! They were really helpful but I just realized that maybe my problem would fit better over here. This is my story (sorry for the bad english, this is not my first language): LO is 7.5 Months. We have been doing BW since he was 2 months. He falls asleep on his own (after a lot of PU/PD). We just got back from a holiday were we shared a room and since we got home he has been waking at night about 12 times. At first I thought it was from the vacations and sharing a room and now sleeping alone and a little SA, but he falls asleep on his own without a problem.

He normally falls asleep about 7-7.30 and wakes at 8,8.20,8.40,9,9.30,10 and so on!!! Im loosing my mind!!! I have no time to rest at night, I can barely have dinner. What happens is that he will be asleep and then start to fuss or rub his eyes, and then he tries to settle and cant and then he cries. I go in and try to soothe. Most times I can soothe in crib, but this works only for a second before he starts to cry again. Then out of nowhere he will stop and fall asleep. I leave and then he cries again and we do this over and over. its like he cant get into deep sleep. Im starting to think it maybe that he is hurting. Maybe gas (sometime when we go in and place him sideways he lets some gas).

My questions are: 1. Could gas cause many Nw? 2. When he fusses and cries a little should I go in? Or should I wait for real hard crying? I find that if I go early i can settle faster, but I dont know if Im affecting his ability to self soothe 3. Could he be OT? We are trying to increase his A times and drop a nap ( from 3 to 2) I have gone back to three naps to see if this was it, but no luck.

Thanks so much for your help. Sorry if its confusing!!!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 7 Month old Multiple night wakings!! Help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:46:01 am »
1. Has he always had trouble with gas?  Unless you've introduced a lot of new foods lately, I wouldn't think he'd develop a gas problem at this point.

2. If he's just fussing, I'd leave him to it, if he starts crying hard with an "I need you" cry, then you can go in. 

3. Definitely.  OT can often cause frequent wakings after BT.  Can you post your current EASY routine?