Author Topic: can someone look @ my EASY and see if I need to change it, night wakenings r bad  (Read 1293 times)

Offline mandij08

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My DD is 4mths and one week or almost 19wks................I have decided to give back her paci, (which I know makes nites a littler worse) long story but anyway, thought maybe if my daytime routine was better that maybe the night wakenings would be a little better........since the time change I cant seem to get to sleep later than 6 am anyway, her this is an example of our EASY............ She doesnt like to eat first thing in the morning,  prolly because she nurses at430/5am, So it seems that our A gets divided because we nurse in between A, is this an issue????  Should she be staying up longer???
Up at 6am
E 7
A
S745-930
A
E10
A
S11:15-12:05
A
E130
A
S145-300
A
E420
A
S5-550
E6
A
Bed 710
another day
A Up at 615
E 710
A
S830-945
A
E1010
A
S12-1245
A
E 110
A
S230-315
A
E4
A
S515-6
E 7
Bed

Offline mandij08

• Showing Appreciation 0
I know there is GS around 4mths, would she only wake at night to nurse more and not during the day? she seems happy with 3hrs feds during the day, but night time she wakes every hr to nurse or paci, much different than 2wk ago wakenings.  Just curious how you know when it is a GS??

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
There's some on growth spurts here: "Is this a Growth Spurt?  How can I meet my Baby's needs?"

As for your routine, I might try sticking consistently to an A time for a few days and see where it gets you -- the ones above range a bit -- at her age, I might try 2 hours for each A and see where it gets you.  Your nights sound like the paci is a bit of a prop -- does she go right back to sleep when you give it to her or is she awake for awhile?

Offline mandij08

• Showing Appreciation 0
Thanks I will give that a try! Yes I believe the paci is too. I tried to take it last week, but didnt go so well and I gave it back. Now my nights are worse. She is up every hr fussiness and when I put the paci back in  her mouth,she sometimes takes it and sometimes doesnt. She will only back to sleep if I nurse her now. I think I made things worse by trying to take it, now she doesnt know what to do when she wakes.   Thought maybe is my EASY was adjusted, maybe it would help a little bit with the night wakenings.  I am not expecting them to be great since she has the paci, but thought maybe she would stop wakening every hr.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Thought maybe is my EASY was adjusted, maybe it would help a little bit with the night wakenings. 
Sure, I think it definitely will, but if she's dependent on nursing or the paci as a prop, then she's going to wake looking for that.