Author Topic: Feeding routine for 10 week old  (Read 1243 times)

Offline waffling3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Feeding routine for 10 week old
« on: November 23, 2012, 14:59:41 pm »
Hi all my dd isn't. Big eater but still on 6 bottles roughly the routine is

6am 4oz
9am 2oz
12pm 4oz
3-4pm 2oz
7pm 5oz
1-3am 5oz

Does this seem ok? It seems she eats more over night. Should I just let her be? I was thinking of doin a do but she's v windy and has reflux so think she would fill up on wind  as needs to b awake to get wind out.

Thanks

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Feeding routine for 10 week old
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 22:47:34 pm »
Hi hun... given that she does have reflux, this is quite common really.  Small and more frequent feeds are common during the day as baby has trouble with pain from moving about etc during the day, yet is still at night so tends to be more relaxed and take more overnight without the same issues...

Have you tried bumping her feeds to a little more like 3 hrs 15-30 mins apart?  The small feed after 3 hrs makes me wonder if she isn't really ready for another feed....

Offline waffling3

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:59:36 am »
Hi thankyou, yes I'm wondering if she's ready for 4hr feeding?
Today was 1.30am 5oz 6am 2oz then at 8am took a full 4oz and for the irst time has gone dwn in her cot to sleep for longer than 2omins.
It goes against easy coz I fed her burped her and put her down awake with paci. I try to work around the bedtime bottle as if she takes less than 5oz she's up before midnight, and if less than 3hrs before won't take 5z if u c what I mean.
Hoping to do this today
8am, 12,4,7pm. But think I'm still goin to hav to gv a tiny top up at 6am and full night feed. So still 6 feeds. How do I go about dropping feeds? Should I try to drop the 1am or 6am? Obv I think she's too young just now.

Thanks x

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 17:41:13 pm »
Yes, too young to drop night feeds - don't recommend actively doing so until she is well established on solids and the NF's interfere with first morning feed.

She is likely too young for a 4 hr feeding routine... you might be fine to go with 3 hrs 30 for another month or so...

Offline waffling3

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 18:16:09 pm »
Today has done either 4hrs or 3.5. She did only take 2oz at6am  then 4oz at 8am so nt having a knock on yet. X

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 23:07:19 pm »
I would maybe try pushing her first feed out a little bit if her last night feed is after 4am...