Author Topic: Eighth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing  (Read 24090 times)

Offline Site Admin Team

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Administrator
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: November 24, 2012, 15:36:30 pm »
Tracy Hogg, RNMH “The Baby Whisperer"
Born and raised in the north of England, Tracy worked in several reknowned hospitals including St. Catherine's Hospital for the Mentally Handicapped, where she first discovered her gift for understanding children's cries, gestures, body language, and other nonverbal cues -a talent she would later apply to babies. When she emigrated to the United States in 1992, Tracy began to work exclusively with parents and their new babies, helping them make the transition from delivery room to first diapers and eventually into toddlerhood.

In 2001 Tracy, working with her co-author, award-winning journalist Melinda Blau, published her first book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How To Calm, Connect, and Communicate With Your Baby, which instantly became a New York Times bestseller. Just one year later, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers was published and became a national bestseller as well. 
In June 2002 Tracy teamed up with Discovery Health in Great Britain to produce a fifteen-part television series entitled The Baby Whisperer. Each episode demonstrates not only Tracy's incredible problem-solving skills, but also her compassion for children and parents.
In 2004, even as she was battling a life-threatening disease, Tracy and her co-author collaborated on The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. Because Tracy knew that this might be her last book, she was determined to cover every conceivable problem so that even if she couldn't help parents personally, her book would.

Sadly, Tracy lost her battle to melanoma on November 25, 2004. Eight years later her legacy lives on in her books, her tapes, her television programmes, and, mostly, the spirit of this website. The Babywhisper website realized one of Tracy's greatest dreams: to create a place where thousands of devoted parents can come to share their experiences and to support one another. What she possibly didn't imagine, though, was that this virtual community would also make sure that her wit and wisdom could never die.     

We hope that you will join us in paying tribute to Tracy on this thread. The thread will remain here in this board as a lasting tribute on this special day.

You might also want to light a candle in memory here:

Light A Candle

If you would like to add the remembrance avatar, you may save it to your computer and upload it like you normally would.
The Babywhisperer Site Admin Team

Offline ing

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Eighth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 03:03:46 am »
Thanks Tracy for passing on all your wisdom. My 4-yearold sleeps and eats like a dream and it is all down to you. I love the fact that you encourage us to see our children as personalities in their own right. We mould the child we are given but their essence will always be the same - be they spirited or angel. You have made motherhood much easier by giving us the right tools and confidence - perhaps your most important lesson - stick at it and don't chop and change.

Offline ~Sara~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 264
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 03:08:35 am »
From the depths of my heart, thank you, Tracy.  I am proud to say that my children are testaments to your legacy.  Your wisdom, compassion, and kindness live on through this site, its members, and the thousands of babies and children you've helped their parents do right by.  As simple as it sounds, yet as profound as a mother's heart can utter, again...thank you.
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 14:21:14 pm »
Each time we talk about GW, or how to manage an EW, every time we talk about A time, we honor you, and a child's life is made better.  I know that you know this, from where you are.  Your legacy and gift lives on, and always will.

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 14:51:38 pm »
Always in our hearts.  Thank you Tracy.  Xo

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 19:06:04 pm »
Thank you Tracy. I have learned so much from you, from reading your books to the advice from people on this site which use your philosophy.  Thanks to you, I can raise my children with support, in a way that completely corresponds with my values. You have made this possible for me and I will always be thankful to you.
Elise

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 19:25:55 pm »
thank you Tracy. My family have benefitted so much from everything you have taught DH and I through this site and your books. I will always be thankful xx

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline barbaraz78

• Showing Appreciation 68
  • In the fall...
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 19:45:30 pm »
Thank you to make of me the mother that I am. My family would not be the same without all the advice and support I received from your books and this site.
Barbara

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 19:46:22 pm »
There are fewer tears because you lived.
Thank you Tracy

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 19:52:55 pm »
Thank you Tracy xxxxxxx
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 20:05:45 pm »
Thank you :-*
*** Amanda ***

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 20:19:49 pm »
there are not enough words in the world for the wisdom you have passed on...that wisdom allows my darling daughter be the happiest baby she could possibly be...i have learned how to listen to her in a way i could never have imagined possible.thank you thank you thank you tracy.bless you from the bottom of my heart.

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 20:46:16 pm »
Another year and another huge thank you Tracy, your legacy grows bigger with the years xxx
Katt

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 21:00:59 pm »
As mothers we are all doing the best we can. My best is so much more because of your wisdom and guidance. Thank you for dedicating your life to helping babies around the world sleep better and helping families be happier.
Whereever you are you can be very proud of the lasting legacy you have left behind.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline roseola

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 21:24:54 pm »
Thank you Tracy for truly helping shape the Mother I am today.
Nini