Author Topic: Eighth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing  (Read 24099 times)

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 123
Re: Eighth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 11:59:30 am »
I am eternally grateful for finding this site and the books. I repeatedly wish Tracey were still here to help. Proud of all those who continue her work.

Offline Solene

• Cupboard under the stairs
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 23:07:35 pm »
I wanted to thank Tracy today, for this place. I have gotten incredible, amazing support through a horrible time in our lives. This page, the wonderful people here, has helped me more than they know.

Offline MelindatheWriter

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Grandsons and I at Universal Orlando
    • Melinda Blau
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 01:56:15 am »
I truly hope that Tracy, somewhere, somehow, knows how you all are keeping her memory alive.  It's a wonderful and fitting tribute to a woman who changed the world, one baby at a time.  I'll always be Tracy for having had Tracy in my life.
Melinda Blau
Mother, grandmother, journalist, and woman of the world--interested in people and relationships.
I carry on in Tracy's footsteps, taking "baby whispering" into the next decade after toddlerhood, in our fourth book, "Family Whispering."
Check it out:  http://bit.ly/1Cx3o8m

Offline Canwi

• Retired GM and Mod still paying it forward
  • Showing Appreciation 253
  • Me, in a picture
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 03:17:19 am »
I've meant to post here many times, and never go to it.  Funny how the time slips away when you become a Mother.  Thank you Tracy for creating the EASY accronym to remind us that we do deserve some 'Me' time as Mothers.

I sat today in the mall people watching families at a play structure, and thought how sad it was that so many families have missed the opportunity to learn and follow Tracy's philosophy of respectful parenting.  The child who literally smacked his grandmother's hand when they were supposed to leave, the little girl who keep on playing because she knew her mother would never follow through, the bribery of another child to leave.  All different types of parenting and in a way discipline, but none respectful of child or parent.  My son was given a 2 minute warning, then a 1 minute warning.  When I said it was time to leave, he calmly walked over and said, "Mummy, I'm SOOOOOO thirsty!"  No whining, no tantrums or anything as he has learned I will follow through if I have to get to true disciplinary means. 
Tracy, you taught me this.  You taught me to never start something I don't plan on continuing for a long time or have a plan in place to remove the problem later in the story.  Your methods have made me a Mum that I wanted to be.  In touch with my kids and yet there is a mutual respect.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Rest in peace dear lady.  :-*

8) I BFd a combined total of 4y, 1m & 1d

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 17:31:27 pm »
Never has a person who I have not met had such a profound effect on my life. The person that you were is the person that lives on, in the truly amazing legacy you left behind. From an Angel on earth to an Angel above, we are blessed that you lived amongst us.

Thank you Tracy for helping me and my family beyond words.

Vicki.x.

Offline 3littleones

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 02:46:43 am »
Now on baby four and five (twins) that are baby whispered. You gave me confidence as a mother that I had no other way of getting, and patience and trust that I could pass on to my children. God bless your soul. Thank you.

Offline Tecike

• Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little guys...
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 11:46:12 am »
DS1 was almost a year old when I first read Tracy's book and it had changed our lives literally! It helped me tune in with his needs and he has now grown into an amazing 6 yo boy! DS2 has had the benefit of BWing since his birth and all I can say is THANK YOU! Without this site and the help of the ladies here it would have been harder to become the parent I want to be...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Offline brummum

• Showing Appreciation 56
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 21:58:52 pm »
Thank you so much for your wise words and a legacy that gave me this website! I have so many wonderful mentors and role models thanks to you. I will never be able to express enough gratitude for teaching me to really 'see' the child I was blessed with. Thank you.

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 15:43:16 pm »
Still learning and I hope improving with your help, Tracey.  And all you other baby-whisperers.  Special people.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Hserry

• Ouna
  • New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 06:48:31 am »
Your legacy lives on Tracy, w every step of EASY in our every day:)

Offline kchacon

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 22:09:20 pm »
Thank you, Tracy!  My LO is only 3.5 months, but your book is really helping me!

Offline jasonguinn789

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 11:27:26 am »
I will say this--when my wife decided to try Tracy's method, I wasn't thrilled. I'm more of a Dr. Sears kind of dad and didn't like seeing my daughter struggle with a complicated schedule and what not. However, my daughter and wife won the battle and after just four days of using the Whisper techniques, my daughter was sleeping like a dream and my wife felt a whole lot less stress. Thanks to Tracy and her books (I will be learning the Toddler one when the time comes) my family is growing stronger and happier each day. I'm sad to hear she passed and wish nothing but love and prayers to the family and children of this special lady!

Offline MelindatheWriter

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Grandsons and I at Universal Orlando
    • Melinda Blau
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 14:00:14 pm »
I'll always be Tracy for having had Tracy in my life.

When I miss Tracy most, I read this thread.  In doing so, I discovered that I left words out!  It was supposed to read: I'll always be grateful for having had Tracy in my life.   DUH!
Mother, grandmother, journalist, and woman of the world--interested in people and relationships.
I carry on in Tracy's footsteps, taking "baby whispering" into the next decade after toddlerhood, in our fourth book, "Family Whispering."
Check it out:  http://bit.ly/1Cx3o8m