Author Topic: Nutramigen  (Read 1287 times)

Offline wikowa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mummy to a spirited Tymon
Nutramigen
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:36:20 am »
Hello Ladies,

Do you have any ideas on how to 'convince' my nearly 6 months old baby boy to Nutramigen? He has been for 16 weeks on my milk, then on cow and gate, then soya and now Nutramigen. Well saying that he did not had even one full feed of it yet as he hates it!

Can I mix it with soya to get him use to it?

Please please please help!

Thank you! :)

Offline Mashi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:55:21 am »
We had to mix it with soy until DS got used to it. I think the younger they are when they start on it, the more willing they are to take it -- but my DS was also about 5.5 months old when we started and there was no way we could get it into him without mixing it with soy. He was also intolerant to the soy so it was not great, but we had little other choice!  I think he was taking 7oz bottles at the time, so I started with 5oz soy and 2 oz Nutramigen, and every second day, lessened the soy by one ounce and upped the Nutramigen.  Doing it slowly like that, he was fine with it, once he was drinking the full bottles of Nutramigen he actually loved the stuff and was a very happy drinker, chugged it like crazy!!

LOVE that picture of your little boy, it's made my day!!

Offline wikowa

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Nutramigen
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »
Thank you and Thank you :)

I'll start mixing his formulas then and fingers crossed!

Offline wikowa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 14:56:31 pm »
Hi,

It's me again ;)

We've tried to mix Nutramigen with his soya formula but after 2 spoons of Nutramingen he stopped eating! I guess he really hates this stuff!

Anyway, GP has given him Aptamil Pepti and thank God for that - he loves it!

Quick question: Is this formula 'weaker' than any others? He has been eating a lot and is unable to last 4 hours between meals. Just like a grown spurt...or maybe it is a grow spurt @ almost 6 months?

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 16:16:45 pm »
Do you mean weaker as in fewer calories? I doubt it would be, formula is usually appx 30 calories per ounce, so you would have to look on the tin to see. I would be pretty shocked though if it was.

There is a growth spurt at 6 months and he could be hitting that. Or, if he has not been eating lately, he could be making up for it!

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 02:34:25 am »
DS had reflux, MPI, and other digestive issues. Every time we'd finally 'get' what was bothering him and change it (formula, reflux meds, diet, etc), he'd have a major GS and eat non stop for a while. I guess it was his way to make up for feeding less or just being happy that it wasn't being uncomfortable to feed anymore.

Maybe that's what's happening to your LO?
Elise

Offline wikowa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 09:27:46 am »
Mashi - I've checked the calories levels on the box and they are indeed the same as any other milk! God I'm so blonde sometimes!  ;D

Elise - Thanks for that! That can be a case, did not think about this. He is SO much happier now and maybe he is making up for the time that he wasn't able to eat that much.

Thank you Ladies!  :D