Author Topic: 4 1/2 month old eating very little.please help  (Read 1201 times)

Offline billy 32

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 1/2 month old eating very little.please help
« on: November 26, 2012, 13:36:59 pm »
Hi. The wonderfull ladies at the naps forum are helping me prolong the naps and get rid of the EW with my 4 1/2 month old son. Hope you can help me with the feeding problems. he was BF till a month ago when he started to refuse the breast get really distracted during feeding and waking up every 2h during the night so i decided to put him on the bottle.he still gets EBM and gets formula too. He's a big boy he was 3810 when he was born and on the 3 months check up he was 7kg.the first week i put him on formula before he goes to bed at night he was sleeping from 8 till 5.so i thought that DF will make him sleep till 7.but it didn't work that way when i started the DF he started to wake up more.He was eating 150 l per feeding.but this week it's horrible.He wakes up a lot at night and he eats little only 90ml per feeding.Today at 7 he ate 60ml(he ate before 120ml at 2.30 during NF)then he ate at 10.30 (90ml) and at 14.20(120 ml).Is there sth that i can do to increase his milk intake?what am i doing wrong?i forgot to write that he's been sick this week being congested is that the reason why he eats so little?Thank you for your help

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 4 1/2 month old eating very little.please help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 13:44:47 pm »
i forgot to write that he's been sick this week being congested is that the reason why he eats so little?
This is probably exactly it if the feeding issue is new this week.  Congestion makes it harder for them to breathe while feeding so often feeds will reduce.  Is he having plenty of wet nappies?  If you are concerned about his intake or he is not having as many wet nappies, it would be sensible for your doctor to take a look at him to make sure all's ok :) 

Offline billy 32

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 4 1/2 month old eating very little.please help
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 15:42:26 pm »
Hi thank you for your answer.he does have enough wet diapers and we did go to the doctors to give us sth for the congestion, so hopefully everything will sort out soon.