Author Topic: MSPI?  (Read 1852 times)

Offline wikowa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mummy to a spirited Tymon
MSPI?
« on: November 29, 2012, 18:31:25 pm »
Hello,

My little boy has been put on soya milk about 6 weeks ago because of his cow milk intolerance. Everything was fine until this Saturday.

He suddenly got a 38.8 temp and very runny poo. Called NHS - been told that he has virus.  The temp has gone after about a day but his poo has been getting worse and worse. It's coming out from a nappy every time, it's yellow and frothy and has funny smell. He did like 7 yday! I feel like things are getting worse the better. My poor little pumpkin is so annoyed, but who wouldn't be?

Anyway, this make me think and when we were switching him to formula from breast milk it took a little time for the intolerance symptoms to start appearing. So now his reflux is a bit worse, his eczema is back.....what do you think?

someone else suggested that this can be sings of teething...?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: MSPI?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 20:27:45 pm »
That's not teething. Sounds like allergys to me. Although it took my Lo almost 6 weeks to stop showing allergy signs after we put him on prescription formula. We started on neocate but he is doing better on Elevate. I would watch dehydration with that much diarrhea and maybe see the doc about trying the neocate.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 21:31:07 pm »
Could it be a gastro bug maybe? My DS had a very similar problem for about a week and then things got better. It was either a gastro bug or the probiotics we were trying, 6 weeks seems like a long time to me to react to the soy but I could be wrong.

Also the fact that he had a temps suggests virus to me?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 22:19:47 pm by *Elise* »
Elise

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 22:24:38 pm »
Hi, so you are saying that he was fine for 6 weeks? His eczema and reflux flare have happened since Saturday?

There are some NASTY viruses around at the mo. Oly was hit with one on Sat and still had a high temp this morning. I would say it could all be linked to that. Teething can cause some relux too. Where is the eczema?

Offline wikowa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mummy to a spirited Tymon
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 15:44:35 pm »
Hi,

Yes his reflux and eczema started on that weekend. He only had a temp for one day and horrendous diarrhoea and lots of gas since.

Looks like it can be either milk or virus. My GP seams to be pretty confuse as well. We've seen a paediatrician on Friday and she wasn't impressed with the GP putting him on soya in first place as the guidelines are clear to not give soya until they are at least 6 months. Anyway as his is 5,5 she left the decision to me if I wanted to keep him on soya or change to different one. Initially I thought to leave it as it is but as it is unclear what caused all this drama I've spoke to my GP and he put him on Nutramigen (he wasn't having any of it) and now he is on Aptamil Pepti for the last two days. Things are starting improve but I still don't know what caused it.

We also had a lot of night waking which can't be linked to any pain. He was just behaving like he had enough sleep! Very weird.

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 19:40:40 pm »
(((hugs)))

hopefully the new formula clears all the symptoms.
Elise