Author Topic: 6 month olds mommy needs help!  (Read 682 times)

Offline Bebesal

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 29, 2012, 15:37:52 pm »
Hi Everyone!! I read this forum faithfully and after many many night wakings I have decided to ask for help!! My 6 month old has been waking up in the middle of the nights for a couple weeks now after she was STTN. She wakes up SCREAMING/CRYING and can't put herself back to sleep which I don't really understand because for naps I just lay her in her crib awake and she goes to sleep. So when she wakes up I try everything, patting her, Shhing her, etc. I've even tried the CIO method(  :'( ) the only way shell calm down is for me to BF her. BUT I know it's not hunger because she'll nurse for 2 minutes and go right to sleep. Someone please help!!! here's my EASY schedule:
E: BF 8, solids right after
S: 10-11
E: 12
S: 2-4
E: BF 4, solids right after
S: sometimes she take a catnap from 5:30-6
7:30- Bath, feed and bed.
Then she sleeps until 1:30, 2:30, 3:30(the time varies) then ill have to BF and she'll sleep until 7 or 7:30.

She has two bottom teeth already in and she's been eating solids since 4 months. If anyone could help I would love you all forever!!! :)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6 month olds mommy needs help!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 15:45:05 pm »
If she's an independent sleeper at nap and bedtime, I'd actually say hunger is the most likely culprit. There's a huge growth spurt at 6 months, and if she's nursing (even if only for a short time) and then straight back to sleep it sounds very much like hunger to me.

How many times do you nurse during the day? Do you do a dream feed? How much and what solids does your LO eat?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 15:52:47 pm by jessmum46 »