Author Topic: what breakfast cereals do you give your LO?  (Read 2765 times)

Offline Lemonthyme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
Re: what breakfast cereals do you give your LO?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 06:21:31 am »
At this age we moved to ready brek (no added sugar or salt) and stayed on that for quite a while.  We then gradually introduced weetabix and then mixed it up a bit after about 12 months.  I never got into the habit of using 'fruit sweetened' cereals because they can be very sweet even if the fruit is natural.  I wanted to get him onto more savoury stuff asap and he's kept on with that and still doesn't have really sweet cereals.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 08:53:56 am »
decisions decisions eh?i really need to get myself to a supermarket....i do all my shopping online but it's so much more awkward to look up ingredients etc that way....

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 13:08:01 pm »
In the EU, the food information regulation will force companies to give you ingredients and nutritional information at point of purchase even if that's online.  It comes into force in 2014 but most companies in the UK are already doing this now.  Might be worth having a more in depth look at the website you use, it might be there.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 13:36:57 pm »
thanks lemonthyme..it is there alright i think for the most part, but i don;t fully believe them,  i'm  also better at that stuff IRL, iykwim!!!!!