Author Topic: 6m starting solids and on 3 hr easy  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Bbytime

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:46:17 am »
Hi everyone, I am another a regular poster, but I am looking for some help.

Currently my ebf 6m old dd is on a 3 hour easy. We are starting solids (avocado) on saturday but I have no idea if we need to change her schedule as well? If I bf, wait an hour, give her 1 tsp of avocado will she be hungry enough to bf again in 3 hours? Maybe this is a silly question but I feel lost in this. Should I start with only 1solid feeding a day?

Thanks for any advice!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6m starting solids and on 3 hr easy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:50:45 am »
What's your EASY? Most babies at 6 months have A times of 2hr45 or so and are moving towards dropping the catnap...

Usually its recommended to start with one solid feeding per day and increase as time goes on.

Offline Bbytime

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:11:17 am »
She has not been able to go more than 1hr 45 minutes awake without getting tired (yawning, rubbing eyes) Also I am able to go and bf her while at work during the day because the daycare center is in the basement of my work building, but my work schedule makes it hard to be flexible. Our current easy is:
7:30 wake / eat
9 nap - lately she has not been napping well, or sleeping well at night for that matter. I am hoping it is the 6 month sleep regression...
10:15 wake / eat
11:30 nap
1:15 wake / eat
2:30 nap
4 wake / eat
Sometimes she naps on the walk home, most times not
6:30 eat
Asleep by 7
Dream feed at 10
Before the regression started up at 1 and 4 for nf

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6m starting solids and on 3 hr easy
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:57:11 am »
7:30 wake / eat
9 nap - lately she has not been napping well, or sleeping well at night for that matter. I am hoping it is the 6 month sleep regression...
I'd say this not napping well is likely due to not being tired enough to sleep... and the not sleeping at night is probably related too.

Tired signs at 1hr45 could be because she's so used to sleeping at that A time or could be boredom and a change of scenery will help.