Author Topic: Waking baby from sleep to help curb NW?  (Read 924 times)

Offline katiebee18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking baby from sleep to help curb NW?
« on: December 09, 2012, 14:00:36 pm »
DS is 10.5 months and is also in a wonder week (46 weeks). Has been getting up for the day at 5 AM lately. I do suspect OT but he is fighting PM nap so hard and usually will not take it even after APOP so he might be up for almost 7 hours after a 55m - 1h20m nap before I put him to bed around 6:30ish.

He STTN until 5 AM and then gets up and eats. I think he is mostly waking from hunger. Before the last 2 days he actually had 2 - 7 A WU days where he got 11 - 11.5 hrs of NT sleep...this is a rarity but I wish it would be the norm!

Could I try waking him at like 3 or 4 A to eat? If so, I am pretty certain he will go back down fairly easy and MIGHT sleep longer than 5 A. Poor DH gets up with him and is just exhausted. 6 AM WU would be amazing at this point...

Maybe this sounds crazy. Just thought about it and not sure if anyone else has tried and had success.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Waking baby from sleep to help curb NW?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:13:03 am »
You could give wake to sleep a go... I'm not sure about waking at 3 or 4am though, you could end up with an habitual waking there - depends what you'd prefer.

A routine change may help. Have a read of this: 10/11 month old sleep gone wonky? Read this first!

At this age, it'd be unsual to be waking from hunger, not so unusual to be waking then not be able to get back to sleep due to hunger - semantics, perhaps :-\