Author Topic: how much to feed 6 month old  (Read 1312 times)

Offline newmamajo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 14, 2012, 00:16:55 am »
Hi!I'm having a difficult time figuring out how much solid food is too much from my BF 6 month old. The thing is she LOVES to eat real food, so we started her on it at about 4 and a half months old. I had been keeping her to half a jar of homemade fruits or veggies in the morning up until last week because I'm worried she'll cut back too much on nursing. I added in lunch because she seemed ready to me, and now she will easily eat one whole jar at breakfast and another one at lunch. Each of these meals is about 45 minutes after she nurses, and I haven't noticed a difference in how long she nurses, but I'm wondering how I would know whether or not the solids would be taking up too much room? Also she is having a terrible problem with NWs (has been since before we made this shift though), every 3 hours, and I read in another thread that if they are hunger related she could be eating too much during the day?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: how much to feed 6 month old
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 21:29:45 pm »
Bumping for you x

Offline newmamajo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 16:35:22 pm »
Thanks! I figure she's eating enough now, but really am wondering about NWs being a result of overfeeding? someone had posted that in another thread so if someone could clarify that'd be awesome.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: how much to feed 6 month old
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 17:10:05 pm »
Well, maybe this could be because she is not conusming enough calories in the day? Solids don't contain as much as milk. Not sure how you fix that though if you haven;t noticed a drop in milk feeds ??? do you have a dream feed?