Author Topic: 13 week old only drinking 3oz  (Read 5177 times)

Offline ismaeelsmummy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 20:54:01 pm »
The floppy larynx was more of an issue at the beginning but doesnt affect his feeding now like it did before.

I got the new formula today and i have been trying it for every feed from 3pm until now and he just wouldnt drink it then he wouldnt drink the normal one either..and have just about got 3oz into him now (but not the pepti jnr-will try that again tomorrow!) I tasted it and it doesnt taste that different..

I really am stuck he has been fussy all day and i dont have a clue what is wrong with him..feel terrible  :(

Sam x

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 13 week old only drinking 3oz
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 22:24:03 pm »
How much has he had in the last 24 hrs Sam?  Wee ones can get dehydrated very quickly... if he is under 15 ozs in the last 24 hrs, I would take him to the dr/emerg to have him looked at...

Offline ismaeelsmummy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 22:55:14 pm »
Hes had more than 15oz and he is wetting his nappies as normal.. i just wish i knew what was wrong .. maybe im just over reacting and its just a phase.. but if there is something wrong then i want to do something about it

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 13 week old only drinking 3oz
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 23:15:52 pm »
Hmm.. well, if he is wetting as normal and stays above 15 ozs (preferably 20 ozs) a day, I would give it a few days...

Any chance he could be teething?  It does seem early, but not unheard of!

Have you tried feeding at 3.5 hrs instead of 3... maybe he just isn't really hungry at 3 hrs...