EAT > Breast Feeding

Extended Nursing Support Thread Part 5

<< < (2/68) > >>

anna*:
Yeh, you're probably right. I am thankful to still be BFing though, she is not eating anything (although drinking tons) so it does at least feel good to know that she's getting some good nutrition. Also I've noticed that if we can unblock her nose long enough to start properly nursing, it does help relieve the congestion! ???

I'm just feeling impatient at being pulled and pushed at and basically beaten up all day long. Really hope she's finally on the mend.

*Ali*:
Have you tried the saline spray? What about a nice steamy bath? Or going out in the cold?

C&B&E:
Anna, I'm with you.  E is *constantly* asking for milk (in my face signing and shouting at me  ::)) - but then latches on for 15 second with a painful toothy grip and then just wants to keep switching sides  ::).  It's seriously making me want to wean  :(.  We are still up doing one night feed again and I really don't think we can wean it properly while she is wanting to nurse so much throughout the day - it's like it's become some comfort thing (physically and emotionally) - but I'm really tired of it now  :-[.   And my nipples hurt A LOT. 

anna*:
Yeh, it's a huge comfort thing for Audrey too. And after she does properly nurse she is so much happier - it is like her mummy cup is filled with milk, yk? If she's a bit sad and clingy, she's happy and confident and independent again after BF. We've still got at least 1 NF going here too (when she's well, more like 2 at present), I'm still chicken to wean it as I dn't think we've ever had a NW where she's settled in less than an hour - unless she's BFed, in which case she'll settle straight away.

Ah! There she is waking up now. No real surprise though, she didn't eat a single taste of her tea :(

amayzie:
sounds AWFUL anna! :( hope she's better soon!!

Hamish tried to blow bubbles while he was feeding tonight! Funnily enough it didn't work ::) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version