Author Topic: 5 months very small daytime feeds  (Read 2803 times)

Offline roxannesmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I always said one was plenty, now I have 3?!
Re: 5 months very small daytime feeds
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 15:13:41 pm »
ok he has been on nutramigen 3 days now, still not feeding any more, still distressed I am actually noticing him bringing milk back up now, and today I notice he now has eczema behind his knees, he only ever had it on his face before how can this be?  Think I am going back to Drs in the morning or am I being inpatient?

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 22:52:56 pm »
He might need an elemental formula hun... Neocate over there in the UK.

You should see some level of improvement fairly quickly but if he is getting worse and not better, I would go back to the dr too.

Offline roxannesmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 13:20:07 pm »
Hi I went back with him on monday and GP only wants us to try one treatment at a time so we can see whats effective, as I was convinced his reflux was the problem and formula not made much difference we decided to try ranitidine and normal formula.  She prescribed 0.7ml tds and I started him on sma staydown which gave him terrible constipation he doesnt normally get to the point of blood in stool (fresh and small amout) so I switched back to normal cow and gate.  I dont think the ranitidine is really helping and have just spoken to gp who suggests trying aptamil pepti before we try neocate and going to check his weight this afternoon

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 22:31:10 pm »
Eczema makes me think it could be milk allergy, not reflux.  Reflux can be caused by a milk allergy and some babies can come off meds with an elemental formula...

Re: the Zantac - how much does he weigh now?  Just to confirm, his dose is 0.7 mls twice per day?

Offline roxannesmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 19:19:43 pm »
Hi no sorry he is on 0.7mls three times a day, I'm a bit unclear on whether I'm meant to keep giving him that actually but I have been.
I got him weighed yesterday afternoon and he has actually lost weight, down 3oz from 2 weeks ago the poor boy.
I am actually surprised that he lost weight after a while you think that you're making up his irritability and everything else as every time the dr sees him 'he seems happy enough'.  I try to explain that I'm not saying he never smiles you can distract him for short periods, its just his default setting is miserable at the moment.  So in an awful way its like I have proof something isnt right yk?

Offline roxannesmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 19:24:56 pm »
so his weight is 14lb 4oz too

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 20:53:17 pm »
Given that he is now losing weight, I would suggest asking for a referral to a pediatrician.

I do think this is more than just a crabby pants as you do, something is going on whether it be milk allergy/intolerance or reflux (or both)...

As for the Nutramigen/Aptamil Pepti debate - they are the same thing essentially... Though the Pepti is supposed to taste better...  The next step would be Nutramigen AA or Neocate.