Author Topic: 12 month milk intake and routine, advice please!  (Read 814 times)

Offline brummum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 56
12 month milk intake and routine, advice please!
« on: December 27, 2012, 17:40:42 pm »
Not sure if this is an easy or bottle feeding question so feel free to move! My LO is 1yr old 2nd Jan. His routine goes something like this:
6:30 wake
7:00 bottle (6oz)
8:30 breakfast
10:30 nap (aprox 1hr)
12:00 lunch
2:30 bottle (6oz)
3:00 nap (1-1.5hrs)
5:30 dinner
7:15 bottle
7:30 bed

I'm pretty sure I need to start capping am nap and move towards 1 nap but getting christmas and birthday out the way first! My questions are 1) is this okay for milk intake or should I be moving him to just the 2 bottles as I start transition to cows milk? 2) what were your routines re: food when you moved to 1 nap? have it before/after? or split it? what worked best?

Any BTDT advice greatly appreciated. What is suggested milk intake at this age? He's 98th centile for weight and height but a guideline would still be good even if we can't stick to it!!

Thanks

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 12 month milk intake and routine, advice please!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 23:28:51 pm »
Recommendations for dairy do vary by country (as fortification levels are different for calcium/vit D).

In the UK, it's 14 ozs/day and this includes all dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt etc)

In Canada, it's 2 cups of milk (16 ozs) for Vit D requirements specifically.  Food guide suggests 2 servings of dairy/day overall.

In any case, do consider all foods and any supplements you are giving ;)

Personally, my DD was still having 3 bottles a day at a year... she moved down to 2 around 14 months.  She kept her afternoon nap bottle and bedtime bottle.  Dropped the AM bottle as breakfast was not happening with that bottle in there :)

As for routine - you would be better to start a post on EASY since the move to one nap isn't exactly a quick and painless one ;)