Author Topic: Whats your morning routine?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline BenBen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 30, 2012, 17:13:39 pm »
Hi all
Just wondering what is your morning routine with your baby\ toddler?

My 11 month old is a new walker and just loves to get into everything! He has so much energy in the morning and I don't:) just not a morning person..
He is now awake 4 hours in the morning and I'm trying to keep him occupied but running out of ideas.
We don't really get out of the house in the morning cause its so cold. I think he is getting bored at home and I'm getting sleepy..:)
After breakfast we have like 2.5 hours

I would love to hear you share your morning routine with your LO!

Offline brummum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 56
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 17:35:22 pm »
I am really interested in this too! I have exactly the same issue with my 12 month old. We are starting transition to 1 nap so gonna have to get my head round getting out of the house in the morning because he will not tolerate that long at home, needs fairly regular changes of environment and stimulation! Was thinking soft play or trips to the park?

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 18:54:44 pm »
I have always split the morning with a sit down snack time. it looks like this

7am up and nappy change
715 til 8 kitchen breakfast for me and little one
8 til 830 play in lounge
830 til 930 upstairs getting dressed washed, sorting laundry etc
930 til 1015 snack and TV time
1015 til 11 arty craft activity
11 get washed up and start lunch
11 til 12 living room toys and books til lunch

hope that helps?
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Whats your morning routine?
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:38:08 pm »
Our solution was to find as many morning play groups as possible.  Where I am (UK) there are free baby/toddler groups run by sure start centres.  Other groups run by the local community, churches etc usually charge a small fee.  We go to 3 or 4 morning groups per week.  It means that the days we are at home for the morning we both appreciate being at home.  My DS is more interested in playing with his own toys or other activities (reading together, hide and seek, baking etc) on those days because he isn't stuck at home 7 mornings per week.

For going out to the play park and getting physical activity we invested in a ski suit.  I already had a ski suit from years ago but there are reasonably priced ones in some shops.  I got DS an all-in-one ski suit for £25 which lees him lovely and warm and dry for park trips.  I must admit I don't take him out if it is utterly freezing or pouring rain but we have gone out on many cold to very cold days and immediately after rain has stopped.
Soft play places are great but tend to cost more.

There's also a great list of toddler activities to do at home for when it is too cold or wet outside.
Physical Activity (To Tire Out) When Cold/Dark Outside - Ideas?

Offline BenBen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 18:34:58 pm »
Brummum I'm so happy to hear that I'm not along in this:) always seems like other moms just got it you know? They always just know what to do:)

I really like the idea of making plans outside the house a few mornings a week. It's nice knowing in advance instead of just waking up and try planing the day as you go..

Lets see if others moms have more ideas?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Whats your morning routine?
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 10:04:11 am »
It's nice knowing in advance instead of just waking up and try planing the day as you go..
For sure.  I am so much better with things planned in advance.  I can get us ready on auto-pilot, washed breakfast etc and watch the clock to get us out on time otherwise the morning has a tendency to slip away before anything has been done.  I also think for me that because we have several days which are planned and don't need thought I am more likely to have the motivation for spontaneity on one or two of the other days, like getting us out to the play park when I notice it's slightly warmer or dry.