Author Topic: This is not working!!  (Read 1839 times)

Offline lilybug25

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« on: January 08, 2013, 13:05:26 pm »
It been a bit over 2 weeks that Em (3 years old) has refused to eat more then 2 bites of supper, I always give a bedtime snack but it's not enough, we have had 3,4,5am wakes ups from hungry for over 2 weeks. I am beyond feed up at this point. I am ready to tie her to her chair and force feed her so I can sleep every other night (her sister is up all night, different topic)

Any suggestions?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: This is not working!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 14:14:08 pm »
Different age and different problem we had here but maybe the info can help.  My DS was asking for food just before his bath (BT) when dinner was only about 1.5hrs before and supper only 30 mins before - 2 very good opportunities to eat if he was hungry.  Anyway, I was advised to increase protein and I know this was the poorest aspect of his diet, he would eat a portion or two per week instead of per day.  I made breakfast a protein meal.  Instead of serving muesli or eggy bread (which is protein but of course carbs too) or pancakes which I had been doing I gave him a full sausage and nothing else on the plate.  he ate the lot.  Next day same, next day a one egg omelet (he wouldn't eat these at lunch or dinner, I did have to make it with a tsp of ketchup before frying but I honestly don't mind that).  almost every day now he has a good portion of protein at breakfast and I certainly noticed a huge difference in how he eats.  Often too full for breakfast fruit, not asking for fruit and bread stick or cracker snacks all morning but having one decent fruit snack.  Eating better at lunch and by dinner or supper it really doesn't matter too much what or how much he'll have because he's had a decent calorie intake by then.  He never asks for food before bed now, just normal supper time.
hth

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 14:26:36 pm »
I agree, up the protein, and a good bedtime snack for us is a banana, keeps him full at night. What are the meals, snacks like?
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

Offline lilybug25

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 20:39:23 pm »
3 weeks ago I would have said she a great eater now:
Up-4oz of almond milk and "fruit salad" , it just what ever fruit I have in the house cut a put into a bowl (this is with both girls as a hold off so I can get up ,make coffee, get myself dressed, change ALyssa's bum, get them dressed. I can smoke  :-[, then we all sit down at the table for breakfast. Plus I can get their 1st pooops of the day out of the way before 9 am)
1hr later breakfast- oatmeal/eggs and toast/waffles with strawberries and or blueberries/ cold cereal (rice crispies or pain Cheerios in almond milk or apple juice)- eats half of whatever I make her
Snack- bread or crackers/ cheese or yogurt and one fruit (apple or orange)- eats 3/4 this
Lunch- always asks for a peanut butter and jam and honey sandwhich- now eats half
Snack- Same as 1st snack- eats half
Supper- meat or fish and potato or rice and 2 veggies- 2 bites
Bedtime snack- butter on bread or oatmeal/4oz of almond milk- eats 90% of it.

She gets 1-2 cups of veggie/fruit juice a day and meals are always with water. I or dh or both of us are at the table for every single meal, snack are where ever, and Em is allowed to eat in the livingroom when Alyssa is napping.
She did have treat over load during x-mas and it got very very bad but all the junk is gone and i havn't bought anymore so she knows "treats" are not a option. All she says now is thats yucky and I am not eating that at all.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 06:03:33 am »
Have you tried offering something with more protein at breakfast?