Author Topic: 7.5 mo long NW  (Read 12368 times)

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 7.5 mo long NW
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2013, 01:37:34 am »
yesterday EASY from the textbook  A 4 hr S 3.06 hr A 3 hr S 20 min (cut) A 2 hr BT
Night -disaster already awake 3 hr  :'(

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 18:28:29 pm »
Hi hun, Bec is in the middle of moving right now and I didn't realize we had missed your post for a few days.  :(

I know Bec has been giving you great advice and I'm trying to catch up again, sorry.  How old is she now?  Looks like you're working on one long, one short nap?  And she still seems to be having trouble settling, if I'm reading right -- let me know if I am so we can keep working on sorting things out.  :)

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2013, 18:12:20 pm »
Hi Erin, thank you very much I appreciate it even though I started to doubt anybody could save me from sleep deprivation  ;D

She is now 8 months and 27 days old spirited baby. We extend first A time to 4 hr but long NW are still here constantly  :(, last week we had two in duration of 4 hr what never happened before. First they were chatty now they are not anymore, but she is awake, fussing, crying ...

Yesterday
WU 7.35 am,
A 4 hr
S 2.23 hr (till 2.05 pm)
refusing short nap around 5 pm, crying
my mother put her down at 6.55 pm (after rocking her and holding from 6 pm), woke at midnight to eat and again awake till 2.30 am, sleeping and crying till 4.44 am -fed, slept till 7.05 am

today A 3.50 hr (very tired from previous night)
S 1.45 hr
A 3.15 hr
started to fight against the nap  :o
S 25 min
already awake 2.50 min I put her in the crib she is practicing  ::)

In the morning she fells a sleep fast fast, holding me for the hand and sometimes even without that.
Pm nap and BT we came back to APOP depending on the situation is she hyper or not. She needs to hold me for the hand when she is trying to fall a sleep and at evening it takes forever and she gets frustrated and starts to cry...

during the day most of the time she is in the good mood even great
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 18:14:25 pm by tweetie »

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2013, 02:54:04 am »
4 hours, wow.  Awake, fussy, crying sounds a whole lot like discomfort, though I'm pretty sure you've been through that line of thinking -- teeth, food, temperature, etc -- is that all ok? 

That second nap today sounds like an UT one - after that first decent nap I'm guessing you might have managed a touch more A time (so much easier to say that after the fact, right?).  That first day, you had a great nap off of 4 hours A time, and then that awful night.  Any new skills right now?  Any separation anxiety? 

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2013, 07:09:48 am »
Thank you Erin. Teething could be - she got two when she was 5.5 months old and that is everything - but I can not see any signs. She is learning to crawl, still can not sit up by herself, practicing a lot on the floor.

She does show separation anxiety during the day but during night I would say it would be more discomfort (this week, last week was with chatty and funny nights -that was 4 hr) - even when I put her in my bed  :-[ does not help.
Solids - uff that is another story  :-\ - after 3 months finally she would eat breakfast - still not as much as it would be great but I am happy that she eats. Lunch - maybe small teaspoon.... I was thinking that something from the food could bother her but all 13 nights  ???  I did not introduce anything new from the food - so she already tried all these fruits and vegetables now I am just making different combinations.

Probably things are exchanging - teething, mental leaps, low A time, food, and I could not recognize clearly  ??? In the last 5.5 months we slept maybe (MAYBE) 30 nights in total - the rest were long NW - from 1.5 (the shortest) hr- 4 hr in average 2 hr  :'(

Last night - first night after 13 sleepless nights that we got some sleep. BT was 7.40 pm she woke up around 9 (she heard the mattress when I went to bed  ::), very light sleeper) and started to cry badly and nothing could calm her down, finally I put her in bed with me - it also took time to calm her down. Woke up at 11.25 pm - I fed - took her a while to fall a sleep (usually that one is not problematic, problematic is the second feeding and falling a sleep after). Next I heard her at 2.30 am, did not pay attention, 3.15 she started to cry - fed - and again it took her long time to fall a sleep (it was easier, she was next to me so I would hug her or give her my hand but still she was restless), woke up at 6.55 am. When I look at the whole sleep time - usually the best sleeping is between BT till first feeding (around midnight) and then between 4 or 5 am -7 am - in between - not good.

Regarding pm nap - I also think that she is UT but if I wait longer i.e. 3.5 hr or maybe even 3.45 hr I do not know how to keep 13 hr day? For example day before yesterday - pm nap till 2.05 pm - pm nap maybe 5.35 pm or even later for lets say so 20 min (I would wake) - it would be already 5.55 pm,  from may experience very rarely her third A time (before BT) is less than 3 hr or even longer. There were few cases (if you would look at posts above) that she did go down earlier and that was a miracle. I assume I should give a try?  :)

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2013, 16:45:07 pm »
Here is the problem  :( first A time was 5 hr - there is no way she would fall a sleep, S 2.30 hr (woke up at 2.30 pm), now is 5.50 pm and she does not want to sleep. So what to do? Give her a bath and early BT? thank you

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2013, 22:02:01 pm »
Give her a bath and early BT?
Yes, it's pretty much your only option, I realize you're probably asleep already and hopefully getting a decent night.

Regarding the solids -- doesn't sound like it's your problem -- I will say that both my dd2 and my ds took forever to actually start eating their solids -- it did come one day, but I do know the feelings of frustration that went along with the continual offering and continual refusing. ::)

She'd be super early to 1 nap, but on the days that she does that, I don't see that you really have much of a choice, especially if she won't settle after a shortened A time. 

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2013, 05:47:09 am »
thank you Erin. I am trying to be patient with her solids but it is always in my head - she will go to the daycare and there (in my country) nobody would give her milk in the bottle or spent long time feeding her - too many kids  ;D

Yesterday BT was 6.56 pm (exact 12 hr day), slept 7 hr in the row and without feeding ::) - did not happen since she was 3 months old, ate 2.10 am (she was restless but she slept I did not  ::)). She slept on the tummy (she hated to be on time for a long time) - I was surprised - but obviously it works well  ;D, I hope she will repeat it.

fell a sleep till 5 am (little crying in the sleep, fussing), woke up rubbing her eyes - still sleepy, I tried to get her back to sleep but did not work, so we started the day 5.55 am. I assume I got EW now right? I noticed that too - once in a while when she would not have long NW she would end up with EW. Could be that result of being OT?
Thanks a lot

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2013, 21:42:15 pm »
I hope she will repeat it.
Me too!

The EW could be a lot of things -- could just be she's not used to getting that much sleep at night -- if you start getting that consistently, we can figure out where else to tweak. 

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2013, 02:58:49 am »
Thank you Erin  :). She really repeated last three nights - they were amazing - she just ate once - around 11 or 3 am  :). In addition one tooth came out - so that was the part of the problem.

I was so happy - after 13 sleepless nights I slept as regular human being  :) - read WAS because this night we are again on the old schedule  ::) feeding 10.40 pm,  2.50 am and we are awake more than hour and as it looks it will take time so I have coffee break  ::). She is babbling and playing with pacifiers, she is rubbing her eyes but can not sleep - I am holding her in my arms, before I put her in bed - she is trying to play with me... little hyper...  :'( need to go started to cry...

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2013, 00:20:15 am »
Ugh, that's just torture -- 3 nights of good sleep and then back to her old tricks.  :(
I'm sure you've been trying really hard to figure it out too, but can you think of anything that was different on those 3 days when she actually did sleep well at night?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2013, 17:05:02 pm »
Hey sweetie, just realized you haven't posted in a bit -- how are you doing?  Making any progress?

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2013, 02:33:43 am »
Hi Erin  :) you are so sweet  :-*. I apologize for not coming but we had baptism and lots of things to do before and time flies.

She got the upper tooth -  I think that was one of the reason of her wakings (just one  ;D)

Thank you for asking - nights were decent  almost for a week. We did have NW but I knew it was teething or gas and I need to admit I did put her in my bed more often because of teething. She started to sit up on Sunday . However what started to appear was: EW most of the days (5.20 or 5.40 am) and refusing the second nap (last week 1x, this week 3 x). 

Last night she woke up crying and I could not calm her down for 1.5 hr (I could see the second upper tooth will come out). Yesterday her am nap was 2.20 hr (I let her sleep), she woke up in very good mood, rubbing her eyes after 3 hr A time - I tried to put her sleep - she was refusing crying. After 10 minutes I gave up, then the same scenario repeated after 3.5 hr. When she started rubbing her eyes after 4 hr I gave her a bath and she fell a sleep at 6.20 pm (very fast and by herself, 4.50 hr A time, what is wonder at BT). But now she is awake already an hour and a 40 min having party - siting up, kneeling (I assume a step in the process of trying to stand up right?) and laughing like a crazy  ::) ;D. In the meantime she pooped. God help us with these spirited kids  ;D. I need to admit if she would not have these sleeping "issues" she would be really perfect  ;D. Most of the day she is in a great mood, loves to play by herself, pretty independent (I know I will pay this when she will be little bigger  ;D).

So morning A time is always consistent around 4 hr (sometimes 5 minutes more, few times it was less), second and third A time - no consistency (closer to 3.5 hr). Length of the naps - also no consistency but I am happy that she will nap. Usually one is around 1.20 hr another 45 min (I needed to cut or she would wake up, rarely two naps each 1.20 hr): our day is 13 hr and sometimes little longer not too much.

Another thing that came out (maybe I should post that on BF topic?) last week we had (I would need to check it) but more than three nights with just one feeding (i.e. 11 pm and then 4 am, or just 2 am or something like that, or she would eat at 6 pm and then at 2 am - showing longer stretches). I was so happy but four nights ago it ended up on the same and last two nights we are on more frequent eating (each 4 hr).  I was hoping we will reduce BF ....

P.S. she is already 9 months and 11 days old - should we change the title  ;D. God I am on this forum since December with sleeping issues, what would be if I would know for this forum when she was 4 months old  ::) ;D 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:43:32 am by tweetie »

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:19 am »
Hi :)

You've had some good nights and some bad ones while I've been away. Teething is a pain. I wonder if there's a correlation with foods she or you are eating?

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31:11 am »
Hi Bec  :) I hope everything went well  :)

Yes things were much better.
Regarding the food I am eating - I would not say that would be the reason - she reacted with colic only on mushrooms long time ago and I do not eat them anymore. Besides that I am eating more or less similar menu no new things - it is winter time and I am trying to eat regarding the season.

Her food - could be but again she is not well in eating so I am giving her combinations that she will eat at least little for the lunch. I noticed that maybe she had problems with cauliflower (even though she took just small bite so I am not sure) so I did not give it again. Otherwise is usual menu for the breakfast and lunch(what she likes  ;D).
I will try to write it down behaviour (gas, pain etc.) when EW happen and try to see connection with my food or hers.

EW - it is not connected with gases lately. When she has gases I know exactly - she did not let me burp her during last feeding (screaming, kicking legs  ::) when she is sleepy. Sometimes I put her to sleep on tummy and then it works fine if she did not burp.  But yes it is some pain - I put the blame on the upper tooth (I could see the it through the gums but it is still inside)