Author Topic: wakes up for feedings but not hungry?  (Read 732 times)

Offline Danie212000

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 12, 2013, 16:10:15 pm »
My LO is 7 weeks today. He is a textbook baby, I believe he had his growth sprut at the beginning  of 6 weeks. Additionally, w/ the exception of a few times he is a good sleeper, sleeping 5 hours for 2 of the past 3 days.  Last night, he was waking up when he would normally feed, sounding hungry. We bottle feed BM~ both times that he woke up, he only ate 1/2 his typical amount & went back to sleep.  It was a struggle to keep him awake but I managed to get him to finish both bottles. This morning,  my husband let me sleep in & fed the baby & had activity time. He had the same issue except he gave up w/out making him finish the bottle.  I know this is only 1 night but has anyone else experienced this before? I checked his temp this morning and he is normal.  Any ideas what might be going on?

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: wakes up for feedings but not hungry?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:27:45 am »
Just as we have peaks and troughs in our appetite, so do LO's - he could be more sleepy because he's growing and just struggling to stay awake for a NF. See how he goes over the next few days and if he's still dropping appetite (in the day as well as at night), then we will have a bit more info to go on.