Author Topic: solids and breastfeeding  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Mom2Sam7312

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 13, 2013, 17:41:48 pm »
My LO is 6 months old....so far we have been breastfeeding but now we have introduced solids twice a day. I usually give him the solids about 1.5 hrs. after he wakes up and breastfeeds. He has been doing great with them and he loves eating...but my question is should I then be breastfeeding again after I feed him solids? I haven't been but now I am becoming concerned as he is eating more and more solids if he still gets enough milk. I'm not really sure how much he is taking since I usually breastfeed, but when we have given him a bottle he drinks about 6-7 oz.
For example, normally we do this in the morning:
8 a.m. breastfeed
9:30 a.m. feed solids 2-4 Tbsp.
12:00 breastfeed

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: solids and breastfeeding
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 17:59:24 pm »
Looks good to me! At 6 months you will probably see the feeds spreading out more as you drop a nap (to 2 naps) this is totally fine, after 4 months the EASY usually is a 4+ hour routine. The solids is how they can be sustained by this. At 6 months you should still be on 4 breastfeeds during the day (morning, after nap one, after nap 2, bed time) and still a night feed or 2 on occasion. If he starts reducing to less than that i'd ease back a bit on the solids.
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!