Author Topic: 6 month old and night waking 5 times a night for feeds!  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 6 month old and night waking 5 times a night for feeds!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 00:56:48 am »
Start with 3.15, 3.30 would be a big increase.  I would let your naps tell you when you've got the right A times -- they should be more than an hour, most likely 1.5 hours or more in order to be restorative naps.  I'd say that you need some longer A time in order to get those longer naps.  Those nap lengths make me think he needs more time -- if they get dramatically shorter, like 30 minutes and he's waking crying then you've probably gone too long.  There's some fine tuning that happens at this point to get it right.  I think that if you get some more restorative naps, he won't be quite so OT at BT and then he'll sleep a bit better.

Offline bevsteress

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 19:58:55 pm »
Thanks so much! Your suggestion worked like a charm! He went down so easily with the suggested times of 2.45hrs in the morning and 3.15hrs in the afternoon! Last night he only woke for 2 feeds! Huge difference from the last few weeks! I guess we just have to hope that he will somehow start feeling less hungry at night so he will sttn eventually!  :-\ the formula seems to be helping though as he's sleeping a 5.5hr stretch now at least. there's light at the end of the rainbow at least!!!
Mummy to 2 lovely boys!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 04:16:38 am »
Yay!!  :)  There should come a point where you'll begin to feel like he doesn't truly "need" the feeds anymore -- or he might drop them on his own, you never know!  In the meantime, enjoy some longer stretches of sleep!