Author Topic: 3months on, and still having issues.....  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Mrsappleton

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:37:03 am »
Hi all

I don't think I'm after any advice really, just need someone to say 'yep, I know how that feels!'....  Yet again, I have another blocked milk duct and now looks like a bleb is starting on my right nipple..... Sigh, it hurts to feed and yet again, I'm dreading George latching on... He doesn't like my right side, he latches on fine, but does tend to pull away quite a bit.

If he wasn't stacking on the weight, I'd probably have given up by now.... 

:(

Gem.x

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 3months on, and still having issues.....
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:15:18 pm »
Hugs xx

Offline PaulsMom

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 18:24:24 pm »
I'm in the same boat as you.  Blocked duct and milk bluster on the right side. Ouch! Both of my bubs don't really like my right boob.  I was hoping that stuff like this wouldn't start to happen until she is a bit older and starting solids.  I'm thinking of just doing single sided feeding but we have the 4 mo gs coming so I don't think I should that yet  :-\.

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 20:11:27 pm »
Hugs. Blebs and blocked ducts can mean the latch isn't all it could be. Do you have some IRL support available who could watch a feed and give you some advice?
*** Amanda ***

Offline PaulsMom

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 20:29:23 pm »
Her latch is not always the greatest as I think she tries to control the flow by taking in less breast or hangs on the nipple.  Yes, ouch!  I re-latch her and can usually get her on properly.  But once the flow slows a lot she just bobs on and off and waits until i offer the other side which she takes just fine.

I've always had problems with my right side (with my DS, I had blocked ducts about 6 times, a few milk blisters and one bout of mastitis all on the right).  I think the flow is too fast to start and then slows down too much that they don't want to work so hard to get the milk. 

I could call the breast feeding clinic although I'm not sure if they will see me as they usually only take clients who's bubs are 6 weeks or less.  I think there is a community LC but I'll have to find out when the sessions run at our early years centre. 

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 21:25:28 pm »
For blocked ducts try to feed with her chin pointing to the blockage and that will help clear it. Sometimes you need to do some strange positions but that should help the blister too so her mouth isn't always rubbing the same bit.

Hugs
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 21:28:04 pm »
Yes, feeding with you on all fours leaning over her lets gravity help to get the blockages moving too.
*** Amanda ***