Author Topic: Weaning thread part 3... Come share experiences and offer support  (Read 214650 times)

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Weaning thread part 3... Come share experiences and offer support
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 20:23:04 pm »
Usually we're in the big bed with Stan chatting away or flying airplanes over our heads etc.  ::) ::) Most days she is having no breakfast at all, today was a good day and she had two spoonfuls of porridge and five raisins. But she's not exactly wasting away so I'm sure it's fine.

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2013, 20:29:29 pm »
I used to have to leave breakfast a good hr after bf Anna, now we have weaned it is the first thing b asks for " want my's brekfa mama"
B is sleeping until 6.20 or even 645 now we have weaned it was sometimes as early as 5am but rarely after 6 and it is slowly slipping later as we nap drop too which is nice.
I thought I would never wean b too. But it has happened. He stills keeps groping me but less and less.

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2013, 20:31:50 pm »
Yeh I know... it's probably unrealistic to expect her to eat breakfast 20 mins after a BF but she was doing it until recently. It's hard to juggle breakfast to make it later because we have to get out of the house to get Stan to school, and then we're usually either straight to the childminder or to playgroup... plus she has her lunch at 11.30, so there's a limited window!

Offline Khalam's Mama

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2013, 20:35:12 pm »
Yes when b was having an early lunch I just sort of accepted that he could have some fruit and eat well at lunch on days he didn't eat breakfast and he is also not wasting away as you say. Now he often eats breakfast when he wakes and still wants toast after the school run.

Offline Megewansmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • 10 Years in the making...
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2013, 20:54:08 pm »
Anna your DD looks absolutely gorgeous and completely angelic  :)  I would definitely not worry about breakfast. I'm sure BM is more nutritious anyway :)  I also leave brekkie an hour after milk or else she wouldn't eat anything but I used to feed her at 6.30am as she had already been awake for an hour by then :o I've been trying wean since 12 months but now she is at 16 months and we are finally weaned I'm surprised how much I miss it. I look at her and even in these past few days she looks so much more grown up and independant. Probably imagining it though. I still look at her and want to whisk her up and feed her...crazy really when it was my decision not hers  ??? Looking back I think I should've continued with the morning feed for a few months longer  :-\ If you are really undecided...I wouldn't recommend it. It is a true gift that you are giving her and one that only you can, brekkie or no brekkie xx

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2013, 13:31:34 pm »
Hi everyone :D

I'm getting tired of the BT feed. Audrey usually eats well at tea and she's just not really hungry. She usually uses the time as an opportunity to practice her vocabulary, and is on and off the boob LITERALLY every 15 seconds while she 'talks' to me about her day, the room, everything she can hear, everything she knows. It's tiring and frustrating. She's on the boobs for a total of like 6-7 mins but at least half of that is her chatting and me saying "Audrey - milk!".

I'm thinking about giving her a sippy of cows milk and doing a story, then putting her in bed and see what happens... yikes. Would probably do that for a few days then start brushing teeth after the sippy (atm we do teeth then BF). I'm a bit scared because she really takes it to heart when refused BF... but it's clearly 'just' a comfort thing right now.

Offline Khalam's Mama

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2013, 19:56:17 pm »
That sounds like a plan Anna. Did you do it tonight?

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2013, 20:06:59 pm »
Naw - think I'm going to give it a couple more days because she's only just getting over this tummy bug (no bad poops today!) and I thought a cup of cows milk might be chancing our luck a bit. Maybe Friday as long as she stays better. Of course she concentrated and nursed well and peacefully without chatting all the way through tonight  ::) ::)

Offline Khalam's Mama

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2013, 20:34:51 pm »
Typical. Good luck for friday

Offline Violet's mom

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:20 am »
Hi everyone!  DD is a little over 7 months and occasionally goes without a night feeding and has been mostly comfort nursing at night - I think she is getting ready to night wean (I am certainly ready!). Is it going to badly decrease my milk supply?  If she sleeps from 7 to 7 (with last feed at 6:30pm)???

**Tracy**

Offline Khalam's Mama

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2013, 20:28:45 pm »
It did not affect mine at all, I got af back but by this point you are much more making milk to demand so if she drinks in the day you will make more then and less overnight. Maybe you will feel uncomfortable the first few nights, I had to express a small amount to sleep. Annoying when they are finally sttn but only a couple nights I think.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2013, 07:19:47 am »
Unless you have previous issues with low supply then your body should just adapt to make milk when it is demanded.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 20:24:19 pm »
Well the first time in her life Audrey didn't have a BF on wake up this morning. Wasn't planned, but instead of carrying her straight to my bed, I got her out of her sleeping bag and she gave Stan a cuddle and then started toddling around and just sort of forgot about it. I was ready to BF if she asked, but she didn't, and next thing we were downstairs having breakfast.

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2013, 20:46:18 pm »
Bless her :)  Well done Audrey :)
*** Amanda ***

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2013, 20:55:18 pm »
Great Anna. I would try to keep going down for breakfast now if you want to drop the AM feed.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011