Author Topic: random night wakings and sometimes early wakings..can't find a pattern  (Read 962 times)

Offline D2323

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and has been having random night wakings and early wakings. Her schedule stays the same and some nights she will sleep  beautifully and then the next night (like last night) she had the same schedule and woke every 15 minutes from 10 until 1. She will sit up or stand and play. I will go in lay her back down and pat her back to sleep then 15 minutes later she is back up. But like I said some days she will sleep through the night. She also has been waking up early on some mornings. If I lay down with her in our bed she will go back to sleep but I can't pat her back to sleep. The other morning I tried for 45 minutes with no luck. One day when I layed down with her she slept in later so therefore her schedule was off and her bedtime was about 1 1/2 hours later. She still woke up early the next morning. Here is our schedule: any advice would be great!

6-6:30 wake bottle 5 oz
solids and A

9:30-10 nap 1 1/2 hrs
11-11:30 wake bottle 5-6 oz
solids A

2:30-3 nap 1 1/2 hrs
4-4:30 wake bottle5-6 oz
solids A

bath bottle 6 oz
bedtime between 7-7:30

DF at 10:00 (on a bad night she is waking up every 15-20 mins from 9-10 to 12- 1.

On a good day she wakes between 6-6:30 on an EW day she is up between 5-5:30

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: random night wakings and sometimes early wakings..can't find a pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 19:58:06 pm »
I wonder if you've got an OT/UT loop going. That's quite a bit of day sleep - how long has she been on a 3hr A time? Might be time to increase that and cap the PM nap (probably only at 1hr or so) to preserve BT.

Offline D2323

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:46:43 am »
She is on 3  1/2 A time. I put the two different times because she sometimes wakes at a different time but if she wakes later she goes down later so it is always 3 1/2 hrs. We have been doing that for over a month.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:18:42 am »
Ok, I still think your issue is probably the 3hr nap total over a 13hr day. So you would add about 10min to your A times and cut your second nap to ~1hr to keep your day at 13hr and reduce the nap total slightly.