Author Topic: Ouch! In need of help for breastfeeding moms  (Read 920 times)

Offline lilybug25

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
Ouch! In need of help for breastfeeding moms
« on: January 17, 2013, 21:27:01 pm »
I didn't breastfeed my girls. My breastfeeding experience totals 1 week max so kinda out of my element here.
Alyssa, my youngest and I were cuddling on the couch and she reached into my shirt pulled my left breast out and bit down HARD on my nipple  :'(
And I do mean hard, I had to put my fingers into her mouth and pry her jaw apart. She has all her front teeth so the pain still is intense. There is a blood blister forming and even a small skin flap were her top front teeth were. What do I put on it? What is going to stop the pain?I am icing it ATM but it is throbbing!

PS and a little back history about Alyssa and my breasts (LOL) she is totally fixated on them, she was born with the prefect latch and given the chance will whip my boob out and latch on. I still have no idea why as she was only breastfeed for the 1st 24 hrs.

Anyways HELP :P

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
Re: Ouch! In need of help for breastfeeding moms
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 21:42:48 pm »
Probably continue with the ice and (if you can) maybe some ibuprofen just to reduce inflammation.

I know it's probably a daft suggestion, but perhaps, for now, you could do with some less accessible clothing too :-\
*** Amanda ***

Offline lilybug25

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 22:21:14 pm »
Actually i think it's a good suggestion the problem is I have put on so much weight in this last year that not a single bra fits and the only tops I have that don't squeeze the life out of me are tanktops that are really old. Time to invest in a new (bigger sized) sports bra!!

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 22:37:28 pm »
Good luck :)
*** Amanda ***

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 02:38:58 am »
Since she's not going to be nursing on it, you might try some antibiotic ointment too in order to speed the healing up -- not something we usually recommend, but generally babies are usually nursing on those boobs so it's out of the question.  Ouch!