Author Topic: 9 1/2 Month Old waking every 20-30 minutes at night  (Read 999 times)

Offline Jerilee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 1/2 Month Old waking every 20-30 minutes at night
« on: January 20, 2013, 15:51:19 pm »
How old is your child?
What’s his/her daily routine?
What’s nap routine?
How long are naps?
What's bedtime routine? Time?
Hi There,
I am new to this site, but come is desperate measures.
My LO is 9 1/2 months old.  We did pu/pd training at 5 months and worked beautifully until she hit about 6 1/2 months old and sleep has progressively been getting worse.  For the last 3 weeks, she has been getting up 10+ times a night.  Most times I can go in, lay her back down, put a hand on her back and she goes right back to sleep.  Other times she has almost a tantrum for over an hour.  I tried sleep training again 2 weeks ago for 7 fully days where I refused to Breastfeed or pick up out of the crib (getting less then 2 hours of sleep per night) with NO change in sleep pattern so gave up as it is exhasuting both my husband (who works early mornings) me, and baby.  She seems to fall asleep easily on the breast and stay sleeping in my arms at least a little longer then 20 minutes.
I have an appointment booked this week to make sure nothing is medically wrong with my LO
I go back to work in 5 weeks, and can not continue to do this all night then go to work and function properly without making an error... which can be bad as a nurse.

As for the questions Kimberly has asked us to answer:
Do you bottle or breastfed??[/b][/b] Breastfed (needing to get her to take a bottle soon)

How much? or how long? 4 times a day 15-20 minutes each feed

If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed) one side
How many wakes per night? 10+ Seems the last 2 weeks have been every 20-40 minutes after getting her to sleep
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? She wakes up fussing and turns to full blown screaming/tantrum like
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? sometimes both.  If I wait until she is full blown crying, it is harder to get her to sleep.  If I go in when mantra/fussing I just lay her back down put a hand on her and she typically goes back to sleep pretty easy.
What have you tried to settle?? Put down with a heavy hand on back to calm, pick up, breast feed, rock
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? Yes, she just broke through 2 top teeth , and can see 2 more top teeth coming through (white bumps)

Do they have a prop? If so what is it? no, I tried giving a soother/dummie at bed time, and she just plays with it in bed instead of using it as a prop
Do they have a lovie? yes, she has both a blanket and a stuffed animal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 9 1/2 Month Old waking every 20-30 minutes at night
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:44 am »
What's her day routine?

Have you started solids? Any chance there's discomfort associated with solids, eg. constipation; or intolerance?

Is she an independent sleeper? Have you ever been able to put her down awake and have her go to sleep on her own? Has she ever resettled herself if she's woken in the night?