Author Topic: Just shy of 5mo eliminating 1 of 2 NF/NW  (Read 684 times)

Offline aaschwarz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 21, 2013, 06:11:47 am »
My daughter has consistently been inconsistent with the timing of her NW. She goes down at 8 and will wake sometime between 11-2 for a 'feed' and then again between 3:30-4:30. I am trying to eliminate the first 'feed' because she was waking up at such inconsistent times and sometimes only 2 hours after she went down and had just gobbled down 4.5oz (I have been giving her a bottle just to be certain how much she ate and to know that she shouldn't be hungry so soon).  When she woke up I would nurse her and about 15 sec after she latched on she was completely asleep again, so clearly she wasn't hungry, she just wanted nurse to get back to sleep. The second NW she would nurse a bit longer and fall asleep again. So on Monday I decided to not feed her when she woke up for the first time and use a paci to get her back to sleep. It takes about 30-45 min to get her completely asleep where she doesn't wake up if the paci falls out. Then she'll wake up at about 3:45 and nurse really well then wake up at 7 for the day.
Im wondering if anyone else has done this and what they did to eliminate just one NW. I can handle getting up between 3-4 so Im not trying to get her to STTN, just help her get her NW to a consistent time.
Our day usually looks like this:
6:45 Wake and nurse
9:30 Sleep
10:15/30 Wake
10:30 Eat Activity
1:00 Sleep
2:30 Wake Eat
5 Cat nap
5:30/45 Feed
7:30 bath and bed time ritual
8 final feed and off to bed...

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: Just shy of 5mo eliminating 1 of 2 NF/NW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:44:25 am »
it's actually better when NWs are at
inconsistent times as it means they are hunger driven and not habitual. Honestly at 5 month's most BF babies
have a DF and a NF so truly I would leave things as they are x