Author Topic: What is going on?  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Moogleit

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 21, 2013, 22:29:41 pm »
My LO has started this strange habit at meal times of pushing on the highchair tray with both hands and making this whine/grunt sound. She will still continue to eat but if it gets bad I have to stop give her the spoon to play with or a sip of water and this seems to calm her and we can begin eating again or alternatively I take her out of the high chair for a minute and then put her back in. It starts at all different times throughout the meal - sometimes right at the start, sometimes in the middle and sometimes at the end. Is this just a developmental thing? I feel like she really wants to help feed herself and she loves holding the sippy cup. She makes a similar noise when she's playing lately too....it sounds to me like she's trying super hard to do something but her body just won't let her.

Any thoughts what might be going on?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: What is going on?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 22:36:33 pm »
Is she doing a poo?

Offline Moogleit

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:17:04 am »
Nope she's not pooping - I wish that was it!

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: What is going on?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:45:45 am »
Does she have a history of reflux? I know that DS2 does something like this while eating solids, but once he is done fluxing he eats again.  Or it could just be her "concentration" noise!!
-Nadia

Offline Moogleit

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 19:12:03 pm »
No history of reflux at all. I don't know what the heck it is but she certainly isn't eating as much. Maybe its teething discomfort? I made an appointment with her doc so we'll see what she says. Thanks for the suggestions!